26 Beach Cafe

3100 Washington Boulevard, Marina del Rey

• 26 Beach CafePro 2014
    Ericayvette
    4 Jul 05, 2013

The menu is extensive but we decided on burgers to celebrate the 4th of July. got the ole burger and the kobe burger omg they were good. nice, tender, and not to mention huge! can't wait to go back to try brunch

Celeny Da Silva
    4 Jul 28, 2011
    Twila Grissom
    4 Oct 01, 2012

Enjoyed a girls night out here - 8 of us dined in a private back room and the staff was service oriented and pleasant.I enjoyed Shally's Garlic Cheezy, Pietro's Pasta, and the chocolate bread pudding is out of this world!

Connie Pistilli

My girlfriends and I enjoyed a wonderful brunch in the cozy covered garden. The place was packed, but luckily we had reservations and sat at a cute corner table with benches that had plush pillows. Decorated with shabby chic furniture, the place looks cute and dainty, but the menu and portions of each dish are anything but.

The menu is huge and everything on it looks delicious. After changing my mind several times before our server took our order, I decided to get one of their famous French Toasts. I got the "Stuffed One" -- French toast stuffed with cream cheese and strawberry, with fresh strawberries on top. It was so yummy. Each of the girls ordered one of the "Royals", so I also got to try the popular "Garden Royal" -- eggs scrambled with assorted veggies and cheddar, and the "Chicken Curry Royal" -- eggs scrambled with chicken, snow peas, sprouts, in coconut curry sauce. Both were delicious and huge portions. The Royals were served over brown rice, which was a tasty combination.

I was so impressed with brunch that I decided to return for lunch (breakfast menu was also available) so I could try what 26 Beach Cafe is truly famous for -- their hamburgers. I asked my server what her favorite burger was, and she suggested the French Burger -- mushrooms, cheddar, mayo and special dressing. I love sauteed mushrooms in my burger, so it was the perfect choice. I ordered it with a side of their handcut fries (and a side of ranch dressing, of course!) and fresh raspberry iced tea. I chose the brioche bread instead of wheat, which was so soft. The burger was huge, but so good that I nearly finished it all. Totally worth the $12!

I really love the cute garden dining area, but I can see how some guys might feel demasculinzed there. Luckily for them, there is also a more formal dining area inside.

Erin K
    5 Oct 16, 2013

Oh if only 26 Beach was closer to my house! Actually, scratch that, I would probably weigh 200 pounds if it was. This is an amazing brunch spot in Marina del Rey, and my girlfriends and I had such a great meal there that I can't wait to come back.

We split three dishes among us: The sushi burger, which tasted exactly how it sounds (amazing) and came with a side of perfectly crisp fries; the pancetta egg scramble, which was essentially carbonara - very decadent and delicious; and the s'mores french toast. Oh.My.Goodness. Not only was the french toast one of the best I've had, but it's toppings - marshmallow, a side of chocolate sauce, nutella - complimented this dish perfectly. I can't wait to try the other 20 french toast variations on the menu.

Portions were big, drinks were strong and well-made, and the service was super friendly and prompt. We had a wonderful experience...thanks 26 Beach!

Recommended for:FoodiesVegetarian
    Jean Rhee
    5 Jul 21, 2013

yum! I've found my new favourite brunch place. huge menu with crazy items like caramel macchiato French toast. get here early - it fills up fast!

Bridget Purviance
    4 Jan 08, 2013

I'd never been here, and went for brunch last Saturday with three other lady friends. We were seated right away. I really liked the way that the roof consisted of mostly a huge skylight (couldn't tell if it was retractable) so that you felt as if you were in a pretty outdoor garden, and there were also heat lamps. It was decorated with cute, whimsical, vintage pieces.... you kinda felt like you were having brunch in an Anthropologie store. It has a very romantic yet casual vibe. We were in our running clothes, but anything you wear would fit right in.

The breakfast menu is huge, with a LOT of French toast varieties. If French toast is your thing, come here. It was very hard to choose, but we decided to split the Reese's Pieces French Toast and the Crab Royale. Service was fast and friendly, too.

Both dishes were HUGE portions that easily fed 3 of us, and then some left over. The French toast was oozing with peanut butter and served with a dish of hot chocolate sauce to pour over it. It was divine. I also loved the royale...... a scramble of generous crab meat, eggs, bacon, avocado, scallions, and probably some more ingredients, served over rice.

I looooved the food here and can't wait to find an excuse to go back. There were so many other delicious-looking menu items, like breakfast pastas, california roll burgers, breakfast cocktails, etc. When we left around 10:30, there was already a line, so get there early for weekend brunch!

Leslie P