50's Prime Time Cafe

351 South Studio Drive Lake, Buena Vista, FL 32830

JJ
    3 Feb 26, 2014

Located at Disney's Hollywood Studio's. Its a nice restaurant with a fun atmosphere set up to the feel of the 1950's.

Yogic Traveler
    5 Dec 28, 2013

Another one of my favorite Disney dinning experiences! The 50's Prime Time Cafe is set up to give you the experience of having a home cooked meal in the 1950s. Your waitress talks to you like she is your 50s style mother telling you things like making sure you finish your veggies. The tables also have little old black and white style TVs playing classic television shows. Great for families!

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodiesLocal Culture
    Gordon Warnock
    5 Sep 14, 2013

Another "Must" of Disney restaurants. Unfortunately its not the largest dining experience on property, so sometimes its very difficult to get in. Like the Scifi Drive in, its one dining experience that the kids will definitely remember. The food is basically the same theme park food with a "Homemade" feel, but its actually very good.

Emily Bomhogf
    5 Sep 14, 2013

This may look like just a regular restaurant at Disney’s Hollywood studios but don’t be fooled because when you walk in the front door you are back in time and your just in time for dinner! I’m just a kid but even I can see that this is a high quality restaurant! Sure you have to fallow some of the rules but it just makes the experience even more fun. I also enjoyed watching the shows that my parents watched as kids. I always beg my parents to let us go every time we go to Orlando! This is my favorite restaurant to go to in Disney because the people are nice, the entertainment is wonderful and my number one reason why it is my favorite restaurant is because of their delicious food!

Rock Roz
    4 Sep 14, 2013

My kids really liked this spot . So did I ,I cannot lie. I can't recall what kind of fish it was but I had the sandwich & it was YUMMY!!

Nicole Gauvin
    4 Oct 17, 2012

A fun dining experience, the food is good and reasonable priced for a theme park restaurant. Highly recommended!

LuAnn Bone
    3 Oct 10, 2012

Husband nor impressed. Waitress wouldn't let him leave his baseball cap on during dinner. Hat hair after being out in the sun all day you don't want to take hat off. Food ok but he will not go back

Carol Anne Williams

Bring your sense of humor! This is for an outgoing crowd who likes to laugh. The food is pretty good too.

Verlisia

"Keep your elbows off the table!" You better remember your dinner etiquette when eating at granny's kitchen.

Dining at 50's Prime Time Cafe was a fun experience. Believe it or not, food was actually quite good. And I am not just applying Disney theme park standard.

The entire restaurant is decorated as a slightly cartoony old time kitchen and the menu offers American traditional home style classics. I absolutely adores the theme. It was something you can only find in Disney. Fried chicken, pot roast and the meatloaf were all done quite well. Poached Salmon was perfectly moist and tender. The sides were very humble but enjoyable. This is a restaurant I would not mind dining again.

Just like any other sit down restaurants in the park, the wait during prime lunch or dinner hours could be really long. Thankfully the waiting area is a lovely living room with a full bar. Grab a cocktail while you wait and time would really fly.

Susan V. (Disney Expert)

I'm a sucker for the nostalgia of the 50's being a fan of old TV shows like Leave it to Beaver and Father Knows Best.
    We enjoy our wait time more in the Tune-In Lounge because of the old decor, TV and programs on the television.
    The food was better than most of the Disney's Hollywood Studios table service restaurants with the exception of The Brown Derby.

Scott Johnson
    1 Jul 04, 2012

This is one of the most surreal experiences I have ever had at the theme parks. First, it is a sit-down restaurant. I feel like I am wasting valuable time at a park with this type of restaurant. The theme may work for some, but not for me. The actresses playing servers are more about making you feel like your mom didn't raise you correctly. The food is not worth the price.

Carole Murphy
    2 Jul 04, 2012

This very realistic 1950's-era dining experience was not my cup of tea. While the food was decent, I didn't enjoy being harassed by the server. I also didn't like watching my kids "get in trouble" by the server because they didn't eat their veggies.

If you enjoy this type of nagging, then you'd like this dining experience.

Tom H
    5 Sep 14, 2013

One of our favorite family restaurants at Disney!

Kathleen Sirois
    3 Aug 08, 2012

Food is mediocre, but love the fun time and go for lunch

Chris Sayavong

more than an average serving!

Cory Roush
    LGBT
    2 Jul 04, 2012

The waitresses are kinda rude when in character, and they made me uncomfortable.

Cory Smith