99 Ranch Market

338 Barber Lane, Milpitas, CA, United States

• 99 Ranch Market
    Lorrie M
    3 Jul 05, 2012

I'm not sure if I can ever really be a fan of 99 ranch because they're just ok to me. True you can't get a lot of the foods they sell elsewhere, but for the most part I can definitely find alternatives if not 99 ranch. This may only be true in the Bay Area though because elsewhere, I found 99 Ranch markets to be the only ones that carry a decent selection of Asian food you cannot find elsewhere.

One of the cool things about 99 Ranch is that they will actually fry you a fresh fish that had just died or ... more cruelly, kill one for you and fry it. For some reason I love that fried fish taste that you definitely have to try because it's unlike anything else you have ever eaten.

They also have decent prices on groceries and foods and their food court usually has great items to take home or eat there.

• 99 Ranch Market
    JohnMichael
    3 Jul 04, 2012

I'm probably going to regret getting my sashimi from here....can you say worms? But to be quite honest it was some of the best tasting store bought sashimi that I have bought. Not to mention that I do like there dim sum when I'm in a rush and just want some simple fare.

I would always find it hard to find this location because I don't go here often. But the times that I do..it seems that I always have to park in the cuts. I mean, I guess I don't mind walking but dodging cars in the parking lot is not my idea of a good way to go get some groceries.
    it does build up an appetite though.

*technically you should google the fda regulations regarding the consumption of raw fish..or lack there of...who would have known??
    ;D

• 99 Ranch MarketPro 2014
    Verlisia
    3 Jul 04, 2012

What really is there to review about a grocery store? Let me see.
    Ranch 99 is a Chinese grocery store. Their selection on other Asian grocery items (Japanese/Korean/Vietnamese) are somewhat limited. I can still find my miso paste here but If I am looking for a particular brand I will go to Mitsuwa instead.

Finding parking could be a daunting task. Whatever you do, avoid shopping here around lunch hour any day of the week. Parking on the weekend is easy if you come here after 2pm (preferably after 3pm). Just wait until everyone finished their dim sum lunch. You probably won't get a spot right in front of the grocery but at least you don't have to circle the block for 10-15 minutes.

Their regular non-Asian items are actually better priced than other groceries in the area.

383 people visited 99 Ranch Market