AAE Chicago Parthenon Hostel
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (4)
- AAE Chicago Parthenon HostelMember ofNightlife LoversLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 8Oct 24, 2013
If you're into Greek food and don't mind sharing a room with strangers, the Parthenon Hostel is the place for you. Just make sure to pack lightly. You'll thank me when you don't have to lug your 50 pound suitcase up the steep staircases to get to the third level.
Definitely take advantage of the hostel's prime Greektown location. For those on a tight budget, grab some food items from the Greek market across the street and whip up your own Mediterranean delicacy int he first floor kitchen. But if you're no top chef, don't worry--there's no shortage of great-smelling Greek restaurants just outside your door.
Hostels are also a great way to meet other travelers so say hi to your dorm mates and see if they've found any spots you haven't covered yet.
- AAE Chicago Parthenon HostelMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 2Jan 23, 2014
I wish I could give this hostel more than two stars, but when I was there it appeared no one else was. I rang and rang the front buzzer, but no one answered. I had no choice but to move on.
What I can say is that the Greektown location is great for young travelers looking to have a good time in Chicago. There are several bars in the vicinity, as well as a couple of all night gyro places (The best drunk food in the world? I think so.) Artopolis, a cafe just a couple of doors down, is a great place for lunch, a glass of wine, or a latte. If you visit during the Greek festival, the excitement will happen literally out your front door.
- AAE Chicago Parthenon HostelMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersJun 01, 2013
Parthenon is a hostel located in the heart of Greektown, down the street from the Hellenic Museum and next to a lot of authentic Greek eateries. Downtown Chicago is a short walk away over the bridge. It is a hostel, and you can stay in Chicago for very cheap, but if you don’t want to sleep with six or more strangers in your room, they do have private rooms. These rooms are mostly just a bed and a nightstand and you still have to share a bathroom. There is complimentary breakfast and free Wi-Fi. If Greek food is not your thing, you can find a wide variety of other restaurants within a couple of blocks. I recommend Philly’s Best, but that’s just because I like Cheesesteaks.
- AAE Chicago Parthenon Hostel
Fair309 reviews across the web.
- LocationNear to public transport, according to 100%.
- Service91% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Food77% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Hotel73% thought it was clean.
- PricePrice is tolerable. Only 63% of guests had positive things to say about it.
- InternetInternet is average. Only 52% of guests gave positive comments.