about best visiting place in dubai
Trip Plan Details
- Ibn Battuta MallSheikh Zayed Road, Interchanges 5/6 - Dubai - United Arab Emiratesrecommended Ibn Battuta MallAs a mall, it's honestly not the greatest: the stores are a little down-market, and it's all on one level. But as a weird only-in-Dubai kind of attraction, it's pretty amazing. The theme is the ... read moretravels of Ibn Battuta, a 14th-century Moroccan who went all over his known world. So each section of the mall is designed like one big area he visited: Egypt, Persia, China, India... And there are all kinds of displays about Islamic history and science. So really, it's sort of a museum too.Zora O'Neill
I saw this was on your list. It's kind of a bizarre place, and way out at one end of the city, but if you're into the subject, it's interesting. It is easy to get to (if a little time-consuming) on the metro, which stops right in front.
- Dubai Museum in Al Fahidi Fort Al Fahidi Fort, Dubai - Dubai United Arab Emiratesrecommended Dubai Museum in Al Fahidi FortIf you like waxworks, you'll loooove this museum! It's both kitschy and informative--I learned a lot about Dubai history, but I also just liked the old-school dioramas of "traditional markets" and all ... read morethat stuff. It's all very smartly arranged underneath the old fort, so you enter and spiral down and around--it's surprisingly huge inside.Zora O'Neill
Token historical interlude in Dubai! It's a pretty good museum.
- Burj KhalifaBurj Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emiratesrecommended Burj KhalifaI'd give this a higher rating, but I didn't actually go _up_ in the tower, so who knows? But as a symbol of a city and a pseudo-public space, the tower and the mall and the fountain around it is a ... read moremust-visit in Dubai. The tower is beautiful, and it's fun just to walk around and see everyone else gawking at it, and trying to take pictures that try to fit the whole thing in the frame. The musical fountain is...well...a musical fountain, but to quote my brother-in-law, the scene around it at dusk is "very Star Trek planet"--it feels like some sci-fi otherworld, with people from everywhere and soft lighting.Zora O'Neill
Even if you don't go up, it's cool just to look from the ground!
commented on this trip
Hi! I suggest you to take a taxi and ask the man to drive you around the city. This Istanbul the best way to ser it, better even then the touristic bus.
- Souk Madinat JumeiraUmm Suqeim Road - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
- Desert Safari DubaiDesert, Dubai
- Wild Wadi WaterparkPO Box 26416, Dubai United Arab Emirates
- Nasimi BeachAtlantis The Palm
- Global VillageDubai, United Arab Emirates
- Jumeirah BeachJumeirah Street, Dubai United Arab Emirates
- Dubai FountainDubai Boulevard, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- The Dubai MallD 71 - Dubai, United Arab Emirates