Addo Elephant National Park Travel Guide

Summer Wilms
    2 Oct 21, 2013

I am spoiled, I confess. I've been to some absolutely incredible parks so Addo doesn't rank too high for me. I've been there a few times and, while I did see an awesome warthog fight my first time, I was a little disappointed with Addo overall. If this is your first time in Africa and want to see animals then don't be put off my this. You're almost sure to see elephants, kudu, warthog, and ostriches. Lions? I've seen them there but that seemed pretty lucky. I didn't get the chance to do the hikes in the park but they and the elephant back safaris sound pretty cool.

Recommended for:Family TravelersOutdoor Enthusiasts
    Jeff Jung
    5 Jul 23, 2012

Nice alternative to Kruger. While you can see many animals there, it's especially great for the elephants.

Philipp S
    4 Jan 31, 2012
Find Hotels in Addo Elephant National Park:

310 people visited Addo Elephant National Park

Safari-goers have all heard of the Big Five, but the Big Seven? Add sharks and whales to that collection of Africa’s most notable game animals and you’ve got the list this park, near Port Elizabeth, is known for. There aren’t too many places on earth where you can be watching warthogs dueling in the morning and penguins pair bonding in the afternoon but Addo’s mix of coastline and bushland makes ... read more
this possible. In addition to the easily accessible roads in the main portion of the park, there are 4WD only tracks, trekking trails, and horseback paths. http://www.sanparks.org/parks/addo/

Current ForecastbyWeather Underground