Trip Plan Details
- Quán Cafe Phố Cổ25 Ngõ Hàng Hành, Hàng Trống, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, Vietnamrecommended Quán Cafe Phố CổDon't forget to get a seat on the 4th floor to sip a cup of coffee while enjoying great view over Hoan Kiem Lake. Note: the correct address is 11 Hang Gai, walk into tiny alley!
- Night marketHanoi Old Quarter
- Bia Hoi StreetBát Đàn, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnamrecommended Bia Hoi StreetVietnam has cheap beer. Seriously, outrageously, ridiculously cheap beer. Beer so inexpensive that if you don't drink it, you're actually LOSING money. That beer is known as 'bia hoi' (fresh beer, ... read moresometimes also called 'bia tuoi'). At just 3000 - 5000 Vietnamese dong a glass (I'll leave you to do the math), it may not be very good, but the price is right, and the thin, crisp, light taste straight out of the keg is a perfect refreshment after a steamy day walking Hanoi. Better still is the bia hoi 'street', near the corner of Ta Hien and Luong Ngoc Quyen streets, where each evening locals and travellers alike come together to sit on low plastic chairs at the curbside and watch the chaos of Old Quarter Hanoi go by with a frosty glass (or six) of the city's favorite tipple. It's the perfect way to wind down a day, and is a classic slice of Hanoi. This is, all told, my favorite thing to do in the city.Matthew Crompton
Great people watching here.
- Quan An Ngon18 Phan Boi Chau, Hanoi Vietnamrecommended Quan An Ngonrecommended Quan An NgonBest. Restaurant. Ever. With a lovely courtyard setting, this perpetually busy place (popular with both tourists and locals) serves gourmet takes on Vietnamese street food from a dozen small ... read more'kitchens' arranged around the space. Shockingly good-value for the excellent quality of both food and atmosphere, I have literally never had a dish here I didn't like. It's small-plate style, and meant for sharing, so order whatever looks good (I happen to be a huge fan of their pounded shrimp-paste on sugarcane), order a Tiger beer or two, and roll up your sleeves!Matthew Crompton
One of my favorite restaurants in the world.
- Temple of LiteratureTemple of Literature, Văn Miếu, Đống Đa, Hanoi, Vietnam
commented on this trip
i hope i catch you in time before your travel. I recommend buying the coffee from vietnam. It has one of the best coffees in the world. However, before you buy, you should check whether you can bring it back into your country.
recommended Sapacolorful, interesting place, a bit touristic but nice, green mountains, start to fansipan trek, friendly people, also vietnamese tourists thereMatthias Hagemann
a good trip, min 3 days by bus is cheaper than by train
- Perfume Pagoda (Chua Huong), VietnamHanoi, Vietnam
- Than Long Water Puppet Theater57b Đinh Tiên Hoàng, Hanoi, Vietnam