AKA White House
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Business Travelers
- 98%Nightlife Lovers
Member Reviews (4)
- AKA White HouseNov 04, 2013
The hotel has a sleek look, and the staff is stylish and discreet. It feels like a New York hotel, which is not surprising, since it's part of a hotel collection with a number of New York locations.
The suites hotel is an extended stay location, for guests who are planning to be in town for thirty days or more. The kitchens have stainless steel appliances, and there are washers and dryers.
When I was around, the ground floor “a. lounge” was empty. But late in the day, it's a venue for adults only. It's a gathering place for more sophisticated conversation and drink.
- AKA White HouseJul 05, 2012
The AKA White House .. is near the White House. But it's also convenient to Treasury, the IMF, the World Bank and a variety of other government agencies. The spot is also good for for reaching the various Metro lines.
The chairs in the lounge are big and comfortable. After work, if you want some alone time, you can sit facing the windows with your drink, and gaze out.
Since guests are there for a month or so, the hotel makes a special effort with concierge services. Even so, call them before you arrive if you need to make a really special plan.
- AKA White HouseJul 04, 2012
The AKA was a nice self-contained apartment generally reserved for long stays. The location is good and the rooms are really nice. It's located in a more business oriented part of town, so you there isn't too much going on in the immediate vicinity, a trip to Chinatown or Dupont Circle would be necessary.
Excellent!719 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a wonderful family hotel.
- Guests recommend this hotel for business travelers.
- LocationNear to public transport, according to 98%.
- Room92% thought rooms were spacious.
- Hotel Building88% said the facilities were very new.
- Ambiance85% were fond of the entertainment options.
- Hotel83% thought it was clean.
- PriceGreat price. 82% satisfied guests.