Al Maha Desert Resort
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Luxury Travelers
- 98%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 98%Local Culture
- 74%Art & Design Lovers
Member Reviews (4)
- Al Maha Desert ResortMember ofLuxury TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 4First to ReviewNov 05, 2013
This lovely resort is so other worldly that it was actually used in a recent Star Wars film. The terrain here is gorgeous but the real lure is the property itself. Relax in your plunge pool as Arabian oryx saunter by and stop for a drink.
In addition to the in-room wild life viewing, the resort has a variety of activities -- falconry, camel riding, and desert safaris using the in-house fleet of 4WDs. All were top-notch and we went into the desert to sip champagne at sunset every evening during our stay.
To avoid the heat, activities are scheduled for very early a.m. This means you will have plenty of time to lounge and relax at your tented villa.
We weren't thrilled with the food -- good quality but lacking local influence. The property has changed ownership since our stay so fingers crossed that the menu has improved.
A very special place. Expensive but almost reasonable if you've just spent a few nights at the Burj Al Arab.
- Al Maha Desert ResortSep 01, 2012
It is a nice place for couples the suit has a private swimming pool which looks over the desert and no one can see you but you can enjoy seeing the Ghazals..
The breakfast is fine the accessories and things in rooms are very good
I had a nice night there
I recommended to go to this resort
As an complementary There are free activities like sky diving, desert drive, Camel riding, hours ridding .....etc
The price was good also but the lunch was quite expensive AED 250 per person
Dinner AED450 per person
Excellent!352 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a good hotel for sports.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Service98% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel96% thought it was clean.
- Room95% thought rooms were spacious.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 91%.
- Food83% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Wellness/Sportstop-notch fitness area, thought 80%.