Going to United States
Who's on this trip?
Any great spots to go to apart from the major spots?
Trip Plan Details
recommended Watsons AdventuresWatson's Adventures does scavenger hunts in NewYork City that are fun and educational. There are hunts for adults only and family hunts. Check their website for their calendar of hunts. If you happen ... read moreto be visiting when one is scheduled it's something different to do.Recommended for:Family Travelers
- Greenwich VillageGreenwich Village, 111 Barrow St, New York, NY 10014, USArecommended Greenwich VillageGreenwich Village is a less touristy part of Manhattan but it's a great neighborhood and home to Washington Square Park and a number of good small restaurants, and unique boutique clothing stores.
- Big Onion Walking Tours476 13th Street, Brooklyn, NYrecommended Big Onion Walking ToursIt's amazing how we admire New York City's current beauty and lose focus of how the city got there. Big Onion Walking Tours reminds us of the contributions to the city from history and ethnic cultures ... read morethat make the melting pot the delicacy of today. During some of the tours, prepare to be enlightened by the history of the Jewish neighborhood, Chinatown, and Little Italy and taste some of the edible treasures from the neighborhoods.
- Treasure Island Hotel & Casino3300 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89109
- Ground ZeroLiberty Street, New York, NY 10005
- American Museum of Natural History200 Central Park West, New York, NY 10024
- Rockfeller Center30 Rockefeller Plaza, Manhattan, New York State
- Vegas Indoor Skydiving200 Convention Center Drive, Las Vegas, NV, United States
- Yankee Stadium1 East 161st Street, Bronx, NY, United States
- SoHoSoHo, New York City, New York Staterecommended SoHoSoHo was awesome. Great place to visit if you are into art galleries and great food.Recommended for:
commented on this trip
I don't know what you budget is...but two of the hottest and coolest places right now are Harlow's in midtown and Preserve24 in the East Village/LES . You can check out their menus on Menupages. I would also highly recommend Rubirosa for great old school red sauce Italian Food and go for Dim Sum at Mandarin Court of a great Chinese lunch
- High Line Park519 West 23rd Street New York, 10011recommended High Line ParkThis is one of my favorite places in the city. It's a park in the Meatpacking district up on old train trestles...it's the coolest thing built in NYC in decades. Great views, places to eat and drink, ... read moreetc..,Steve Hunter
My blog has a number of places you may be interested in...
- The Sunset Restaurant6800 Westward Beach Road, Malibu, CA, United Statesrecommended The Sunset RestaurantExcellent cuisine and unbeatable views of the ocean just across the street. The menu is all upscale and exquisite, but the atmosphere is not as hoity toity. I had divine fish tacos, while my dining ... read morepartners had scallops, mussels, prime rib, and organic short ribs - and every single one of us raved about our dishes. Dinner time is perfect with the late setting sun, and despite the mandatory valet parking (and the insanely stressed/hurried valets), our experience was entirely enjoyable. I'd definitely recommend the scallops - they are known for them - but the fish tacos were incredible as well.Becky Mahan
Great place in Malibu!
recommended Howl at the MoonI have only been here once, and absolutely loved it. It's not a club, but a piano lounge - which means a slightly different crowd. More singing, more comedy, live entertainers, karaoke, and of course, ... read morea rowdier crowd as the night wears on. They do a lot of parties, and I attended my best friend's - which she won through a plain old raffle. This is the way to go. She got to invite 100 friends, and by mentioning her name at the door, we got wristbands for free entrance and our first two drinks for only $1. After that they were full price, but I was surprised to find that they aren't outrageous. There are small bar tables and stools all over, as well as bigger tables, and a stage where the pianists played a great range of music that everyone knew - from the Beatles to the Rolling Stones, Journey to Bon Jovi, Lady Gaga to Britney Spears. There isn't much dancing room, but it was ridiculous fun to sit and drink while being entertained, singing aloud with the whole bar, and laughing until your whole body hurts. It's a very intimate place with a lot of camaraderie. I'm definitely planning to return!
- Porto's Bakery315 N Brand Blvd, Glendale, CA 91203
- Nickel Diner524 South Main Street, Los Angeles, CA 90013
- It's A Wrap3315 W. Magnolia Boulevard, Burbank, CA
- Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino3667 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, Nevada 89109, USA
- World of Coca-Cola 3785 South Las Vegas Boulevard Las Vegas, NV 89109
- Grand Canyon National ParkCenter Loop Rd
- Fenway Park4 Yawkey Way, Boston, MA 02215-3409
- Madison Square Garden4 Pennsylvania Plaza, New York, NY 10001
- New York New York: The Roller Coaster 3799 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV
- Santa Monica Pier321 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, CA, United States
- The Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas SignLas Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109
- Central Park14 East 60th Street, New York, NY 10022-1002
- Times Square43rd Street and 7th Avenue, New York, NY 10036
- Golden Gate BridgeLincoln Boulevard & Doyle Drive, San Francisco, California 94129, United States
- Macy's Union Square170 O'Farrell Street, San Francisco, CA
- Palms Casino Hotel4321 W. Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, NV 89103-3903
- Venice Beach1905 Ocean Front Walk, CA
- Hollywood Walk of Fame6801 Hollywood Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90028-6101
- M&M's World3785 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV
- Walt Disney World1800 Epcot Resort Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
- Brooklyn BridgeBrooklyn, NY, USA
- Statue of LibertyLiberty Island, New York, NY, United States
- Empire State Building350 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10118-0100
- The Eiffel Tower (Las Vegas)3655 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109-4345
- Fountains at Bellagio3600 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109-4303
- The Las Vegas StripSouth Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV 89109
- Meatpacking District, New York, NYMeatpacking District, New York, NYrecommended Meatpacking District, New York, NYOnce upon a time (early 1900s) this district was known for numerous slaughter houses and various cuts of meat. Now it's a swank neighborhood filled with some of NYC's best restaurants, lounges, and ... read moreclubs. On a nice evening, people have the option to dine outside restaurants along the side of the streets and then go to the rooftop lounge in the Gansevoort or Standard Hotel to enjoy a cocktail with a view.
recommended IthacaThis place is full of gorges and waterfalls, and if you've ever wanted to see the world's best fall foliage, there's no place like it. Great food, great scenery and great people.Nina Kindred
This is a quiet, yet fun destination. There are great eats, good shopping, reasonable hotels, the best grocery store in the world, and the outdoor activities are beyond imagination.
recommended Back Lake New HampshireIt is a beautiful lake, located in northern New Hampshire. Only short drive away from Quebec, Canada. This area is well known for a summer getaway place for locals. Fishing, hiking, walking, nature ... read morewalking, kayaking are well known activities. You can see the moose if you are lucky!
- Guadalupe Mountains National ParkTexas, United Statesrecommended Guadalupe Mountains National ParkLocated in northern Texas. If you like hiking and dramatic landscape, this is a perfect place for you. The whole hiking trail was quite amazing, looking down the rocky landscape. A lot of wild plants, ... read moreanimals and lives. It is one of the not so well known national parks.
- Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve11500 State Highway 150, Mosca, COrecommended Great Sand Dunes National Park and PreserveIt is one of my favourite places in the United States. It is a great national park that is not well known as it should be. There is the highest sand dunes in North America. Only a few hours drive from ... read moreDenver. You can camp there. Make sure to see sunrise and sunset over the sand dunes. It's magical!
- Museum of the Moving Image36-01 35th Avenue, New York, NY, United Statesrecommended Museum of the Moving ImageThe history of movies and TV, from the earliest tech to today. It's all presented with lots of fun interactive stuff, such as a little animated flipbook you pose for and then can buy in the gift shop. ... read moreThere's also lots of TV paraphernalia, such as Seinfeld sets and props. The place got all redone in 2011, and is super-mod inside, and the main screening theater is beautiful. The only drag is that it's a big destination for field trips, so occasionally you can get mobbed by fourth-graders.Zora O'Neill
Another Queens attraction.
- Socrates Sculpture Park32-01 Vernon Boulevard, Long Island City, NYrecommended Socrates Sculpture ParkThis funky outdoor sculpture park has an eclectic display that changes every summer. It was established (well, squatted) by large-scale metal sculptor Mark di Suvero ages ago, and eventually turned ... read moreinto a proper city park. There's an artist-in-residence program here, and di Suvero's work space too, a big jumble of I-beams. The installations can be hit or miss, but there's often some cool event on weekends, and on Wednesdays in summer there are outdoor movies and food vendors.Zora O'Neill
If you do come out to Queens for the art, you can make a bit of a circuit and come up here. Noguchi Museum is nearby too.
- 5Pointz Aerosol Art Center, Inc.45-46 Davis Street, Long Island City, NYrecommended 5Pointz Aerosol Art Center, Inc.If you're into graffiti, this place is the bomb. It's a giant warehouse space that is continually being covered in fresh artwork--people come from all over the world to work on it. It's handily right ... read moreacross the street from PS1 in Queens--or you can take a quick peek at it when you go by on the 7 train! [As of 10/13, this place was slated to be torn down--go while you can!]Zora O'Neill
This is always in danger of being torn down. It's right across the street from PS 1.
- MoMA PS122-25 Jackson Avenue, Long Island City, NYrecommended MoMA PS1I hate to be one of those people who's like "Oh, this place was so much better before it _sold out_." I mean, it has been years since PS1 got folded into MoMA. But...it did feel a little cooler back ... read morethen. STILL, I am always pleasantly surprised when I popped in--there's usually something off in some odd corner that's totally thrilling, and some of my best NYC art memories are from there. Don't miss the James Turrell room on the top floor--it's open only at dusk, which means summer Saturdays, basically. *Note: admission is suggested donation!Zora O'Neill
Worth popping off Manhattan to PS 1, especially if you're here for one of the summer Saturday parties.
- Bateaux New YorkPier 61, Chelsea Piers, West 23rd Street, New York, NYrecommended Bateaux New YorkIf you are in New York, make sure to see NYC skyline from the water. Boat ride provides amazing views of NYC bridges, Statue of Liberty and New York harbor.Recommended for:
recommended The BerkshiresGorgeous mountain territory in Western Mass filled with cozy New England towns and beautiful land. The summer sees the region filled with art, both at Jacob's Pillow Dance Festival and Tanglewood.Recommended for:Julia P
Also in MA, this is beautiful countryside.
recommended BostonA small city, Boston is charming, New England-y, and packed with spirit, whether for its sports teams, particular accent, or specialty foods. There's plenty to keep anyone busy for at least a few ... read moredays, between historical sights, amazing seafood, art, culture, and of course, the Sox.Recommended for:Julia P
Well, it's a big country, but here are a couple East Coast spots for you.