- The Bar by Madame Tam320 University Ave, Palo Alto, California
- Indo Restaurant & Lounge3295 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, Californiarecommended Indo Restaurant & LoungeMurtabak - I love you! Never heard of a murtabak until I tried one here. And I had to order a round 2! This place stuffs a thin rotti with minced beef and curry. It's like an empanada. This restaurant ... read moreopened a few months go and features Indo fusion cuisine. Happy hour is from 5-8pm.Eunice
They have HH until 8pm!recommended Indo Restaurant & LoungeThis restaurant is an obvious winner for after-office happy hours. The drinks are cheap ($5 cocktails!) and delicious, and the snacks are varied and well done. I especially appreciate that there are a ... read morenumber of vegetarian options. The back porch is a huge space, perfect for a gathering of friends or a romantic evening with your SO. Highly recommended!
- Sliderbar Cafe324 University Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94301recommended Sliderbar CafeService was only the tiniest bit slow, but otherwise I have no complaints. The veggie sliders were delish, as were the extra crispy fries and accompanying sauces. The beer menu is great. I recommend ... read morethe oatmeal stout.
- SP2 Communal Bar + Restaurant72 N. Almaden Ave. San Jose, CA 95110recommended SP2 Communal Bar + RestaurantCame here with a group of friends since one of them just go back from a long business trip. We came around 5:30 on a Saturday and it wasn't too packed. We walked in, checked with the hostess for a ... read moreseat (don't seat yourself!), and we got a spot outdoors since the weather was perfect. Parking -- there's street parking on the side of San Pedro Market where SP2 is located, but it may be hit or miss. You also have to pay for the metered parking until 6pm (about $1/hour). If you park in the parking garage on the other side, you also have to pay for parking till 6pm, but you'll probably have better luck with space. It looks like they're building another parking structure right across the street from SP2 though. The Happy Hour is awesome! Happy Hour + Daily Specials from 3-7pm everyday! My $5 faves: -Moscow Mule -Ribs (comes with 2) -Wings (buffalo wings) -Truffle Fries -Spiced Ahi Tuna Ask for their daily specials; the specials when we went included a ceviche for $12 and a couple other items. Our waiter also told us we could get a free shot if we followed them on IG (@_SP2). The shot was Remy Martin + some fruit (blackberry, watermelon, raspberry...etc) This is a great spot for groups too. Inside, they have a pretty large area with a really long table that seats like 25 people and some smaller coffee table seating as well. The interior decor is pretty neat, a bit rustic with the high ceilings and dark wood beams.Kat Sun
Great spot to come with a group of friends. I'm sure it gets pretty packed...I came on a weekend evening, so I can't really comment on the crowd during the weekday. There was a huge crowd next door at San Pedro Market's Market Bar for the World Cup though.
- Flemings Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar180 El Camino Real Ste #G2, Palo Alto, CArecommended Flemings Prime Steakhouse & Wine BarI LOVE their HAPPY HOUR! I remember coming here for the first time with some friends in late 2013 and Flemings was located in a building that was part of the central mall. They've since moved to a ... read morebuilding in the parking lot (by Urban Outfitters and Bath & Body Works) where they have their own large space! The inside is quite nice and swanky. There's a patio that is covered and has a TV and fireplace, which was where we sat since the weather was nice. Inside, you can sit at the bar or have your own table for more of a fine dining type of experience. So, back to the happy hour. It's 7 days a week! WHAT?! And I really like the items that they have on the happy hour menu. My friends got the burger, which is pretty big and comes with fries. The items that I got are listed below: -Blueberry lemon drop cocktail - my FAVORITE! It's a margarita, but with sugar around the rim of the glass -Lemonade cocktail - tasted great too -Pork belly appetizer - yummmmm! Had grits and sautéed onions to go with it -Baked brie - instead of crackers or bread, it's served with thin slices of apple and some greens Happy hour apps and cocktails are $6!Kat Sun
I LOVE their HH! Get here early, especially if you're coming on a Friday. Make sure to sit at a table by the bar area; the other half of the restaurant is full menu only. The burger is SO worth the $6!!!! Enjoy :)
- Old Pro541 Ramona St, Palo Alto, CA 94301recommended Old Pro
- The Oasis241 El Camino Real, Menlo Park, CA 94025recommended The OasisThe Oasis is a comfortable place to hang out with a very rich local Stanford atmosphere. The food is usually good, although it doesn't always match the ambiance. I think that the Dutch Goose is a ... read morebetter choice that way.
- Dutch Goose3567 Alameda De Las Pulgas, Menlo Park, CArecommended Dutch GooseA Menlo Park institution and a place of some very nice memories. I like the local ambiance and the very good food (and beer) matches nicely. And now with fries being offered (in addition to those ever ... read morefine deviled eggs), what are you waiting for?