Alexander's Steakhouse

10330 N Wolfe Rd, Cupertino, CA 95014

• Alexander's Steakhouse

I really wanted to like this place but was seriously disappointed. The dining area and bar decor is quite nice. However the group of five I was with each said that the steaks we mediocre at best and not cooked correctly. 2 had to be sent back twice. The best thing on the menu was a yellow tail appetizer. That's saying something for a place who is supposedly know for steaks. There are many other great steak spots worth trying other than this one.

Recommended for:Luxury TravelersLocal CultureTrendstersFoodies
  • Alexander's SteakhousePro 2014

Over rated. It used to be quite nice and attentive but has gone down hill significantly in my experience. Again, they used to be attentive to children and flawless in their service yet lately the staff have mumbled the specials, balked at common requests. etc. The high price was reflective of the service. Without stellar service this place is simply a rip off. And once you're treated poorly there is no second chance... not at these prices.

• Alexander's SteakhousePro 2014

What a total waste of money. I can grill a steak 10 times better for 1000 times cheaper. I love dry aged steak, but it is definitely not worth an arm and a leg. Everything is a la carte so they can milk more money from you. Feel like getting a bottle of wine? Well do not get it here because for the price I paid I was expecting a bottle of unicorn blood. Their appetizers are very artsy fartsy, as a customer I would be more impressed on how it tastes than how cool it looks. The steak was very tender and good, but I WAS STILL HUNGRY. For an 80 dollar steak I expect to be broke and satisfied after the meal, instead I found my self starving and filled with regret. If you are a fat cat and wish to flaunt your money to your friends than this is the place to go. If you are an average joe looking for a nice piece of steak then this place is not for you.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFamily TravelersFoodiesLocal Culture
  • Alexander's Steakhouse

This place was pretty horrible. The only thing I liked was my wine. If you have to cover a steak with sauce, it's not a good steak.

• Alexander's SteakhousePro 2014

This restaurant has one of the best steaks I ever tried. We came here for lunch and were surprised by the very low price we paid for a Michelin rated restaurant. They offer a great fixed price menu for lunch (only 35$ per person). Definitely a must if you are visiting the area!

Recommended for:Business TravelersFoodiesLuxury Travelers
  • Alexander's SteakhouseAmbassadorPro 2014

If you want to take someone out to a nice dinner around the south bay, I highly recommend Alexander's Steakhouse. Delicious cuts of steak, grilled how you like. Husband got the lobster kabocha soup - SO yummy. We both got the special for the night - truffled New York Strip steak, medium rare, aged 60 days. Excellent. The only thing I would say as a heads up is that the food will not come out quickly - plan to stay awhile. Enjoy the cotton candy at the end!

Recommended for:FoodiesLuxury TravelersNightlife LoversTrendsters
  • Alexander's Steakhouse

I guess I'm just not as "wowed" as others. I don't know what it is... Maybe it's because my first experience, the waitstaff was extremely rude (they had to change server mid-meal, maybe he was having a bad day, but if you are in the service industry, you can't show it!)... Maybe it was the 2nd experience, when they spilled on me (completely accidentally, and they apologized and paid for dry cleaning and were super top notch in their after care, but then my dress was already wet and I hadn't even gotten a steak yet!)... or maybe it was my 3rd time, when my medium rare steak was cooked way more medium than rare (and later my friends told me I should have ordered rare+, but who'd know that when medium rare anywhere else is, med rare?)

Alas, maybe it's just not meant to be! They are tasty, but no love from me for Alexander's.

• Alexander's SteakhousePro 2014

Alexander's is one restaurant that had never disappointed me. The food - perfect. The service - impeccable. This is a place I always look forward to no matter how many times I have dined there. This review is one that I have been quite reluctant to start. I wanted desperately to have some quality photos that would do this place justice. It wasn't easy. Taking a huge DSLR camera and all the bulky accessories with you to a fine restaurant already requires some courage. Revolving around a piece of steak, snapping photos at all different angles will certainly raise some eyebrows. Sometimes I wonder if this is the reason why some of my friends stop asking me out for dinner. It was my mom's birthday and I wasn't sure if it is a good idea to make her wait 10 minutes before each course. A little unsatisfied still, I just quietly put down my camera bag and slipped my Canon S90 back into my purse.

Hamachi Shots, Truffle Fries, Lobster Mac n Cheese. I am sure you have heard a lot about these famous signature items. There is a good reason why this is one of the most Loved restaurant in Silicon Valley. You will have to try it to understand.

Choosing a steak cut is a very personal thing. My heart always belong to the tiny little filet mignon. While their filet was nicely done, it was just comparable to many of the good ones I have had. Their prime rib though, really swiped me off my feet. It was the best. Perfect temperature. Lovely marbling. The dipping sauce was subtle but creative.

The price here is very reasonable consider the quality of food and service you received. Service was impeccable. I know I am repeating myself but I really want to empathize. The waitstaff was professional, attentive and non intrusive. They just noticed we were celebrating a birthday and quietly brought out sprinkling drinks and birthday dessert. The host certainly went extra miles to make sure you feel cared for. My mom, who usually dislikes restaurant making a big fuss about birthdays with silly songs and cheers, found the experience to be very appropriate.

Alexander's Steakhouse. Still my favorite restaurant in bay area.

Recommended for:Business TravelersFoodiesLuxury Travelers
  • Alexander's Steakhouse

Probably the best steakhouse in the bay area, but so damn expensive, can't do this more than once a year.

Recommended for:FoodiesLuxury Travelers
  • Alexander's Steakhouse

Hamachi shots are freaking amazing!!! Five stars alone just for that!!! Service is good...well it better be for the price u are paying!! our waiter was super informative, nice, and attentive. I love the bread choices they provide. My favorite so far is the bacon bread. Yummers!! Lobster dumplings were ok. The rib eye was good. The lemon grass creme brûlée was ok. Such a weird combination!! The chocolate hazel cake dessert was ok. I liked the watermelon cotton candy best. Foie GRAS was awesome. Truffle fries are good. Comparable to yardhouse's. I'd definitely come back for the Hamachi shots!!!! Too bad they don't serve foie gras anymore! So sad! The peach soufle paired with a macaron is delicious! Love this place! Wish my wallet loved it too!!! LUNCH TIME!!!!

• Alexander's Steakhouse

To be completely honest, Alexander's Steakhouse is the most over-priced, over-rated restaurant I've ever visited. I feel like people say it's good because they can't bear to have just spent so much money on a sub-par restaurant, and not because Alexander's Steakhouse actually has good food. It's more of a psychological thing -- it must be.

I went on a Wednesday night with 28 people (yeah, crazy) and we got our own private room in the back. It was a nice room, where we were able to be as loud and rowdy as we wanted. The decor is simple, but good. The silverware was nice and heavy. The service was phenomenal. I mean, on a completely superficial level, Alexander's Steakhouse has everything it takes to be a first-class, upscale steakhouse. Unfortunately, however, the food was just horrible -- and the high prices are like the salt in the wound.

We started with the popcorn crab and the iceberg lettuce wedge w/ blue cheese dressing. The popcorn crab was not good at all -- overly-fried and stale, with a tasteless aioli. The iceberg lettuce wedge was decent, but nothing special. The table bread was horrible -- little mini baguette slices and soggy slices of nut bread? I thought I was at a fancy restaurant?

I ordered the prime rib -- medium rare -- with sides of lobster mac & cheese, truffle oil fries, mashed potatoes, and creamed spinach. Ok, there was so much wrong going on here that I don't even know where to begin. The prime rib, as bloody as it was (which I like), had about the same tenderness and quality as a $5.99 prime rib at the Golden Nugget hotel & casino in Las Vegas. The "horseradish" that it comes with is a tasteless cream sauce with a faint hint of horseradish. The fact that they would even think about serving such a useless sauce with their prime rib is reason enough to question the validity of the restaurant. If there was one good thing that I extracted from that prime rib, it's that it made me more appreciative of the prime rib experience at the House of Prime Rib in SF.

The sides were also unimpressive. Lobster mac & cheese? Um... where's the lobster? Even as straight-up mac & cheese, it was void of any cheesy taste at all. I would have rather had them drizzle Velveeta on top. The mashed potatoes were okay... I mean they're mashed potatoes. The truffle oil fries were cooked with WAY too much truffle oil -- I know some people love to drench on the truffle oil, but this is a little much. Plus, the fries come with this little cup of... WTF is this? Sauce that has no taste and has the same consistency as mashed potatoes? I dunno... skip. The creamed spinach was HORRIBLE -- probably the worst creamed spinach I've ever tried. Instead of being creamy, it was dry and stringy. Gross.

This is really unfortunate because I've actually wanted to try Alexander's for many years now. I was extremely disappointed with the food taste and quality -- which leads me to believe that I either ordered the wrong items or went on an off-night.

Alexander's is all appearance, plating, and service -- but when it comes to what really matters, the food taste and quality was just way off the mark, especially at these bank account-depleting prices. Thank God I wasn't the one who paid.

• Alexander's Steakhouse

Great steak. Interesting that the chef had influences from Japan. Also bonus points for being a one Michelin!

• Alexander's Steakhouse

The Lounge at Alexanders was a very unexpected experience for a place where I'm used to frequenting only the dining room area where there is service aplenty and steaks galore.

However, the Lounge is such a different atmosphere that it deserves a place of its own. There are three giant flatscreen TV's above the bar area featuring a slew of different programming one of which is almost always centered on food. There is also a huge projector screen playing in the tabled areas of the lounge (perhaps 6-7 tables three of which seats at least 4 and a few other two seaters) centered on sports. It's almost like a nice, classy sports bar with delicious drinks and a fun bartender.

Of course, it being a Monday night, it wasn't necessarily popping. However, you could get the entire menu of Alexanders while at the bar (as another couple did while I was there ... not sure why the plates don't exactly fit well in the bar area). You can also get Alexander's sides or appetizers a la carte of which I took advantage of their always delicious truffle fries!

The bartender was extra friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable of the alcohol menu as she thoroughly explained what each drink was made up of and allowed us variations if we wanted to customize it. I thought this was pretty cool. The service is the same at the bar area as usual, impeccable; and the presentation, even if they're just fries, are still definitely there. I love the Passion Kiss and it was a great pick as well.

• Alexander's Steakhouse

I'm in my shorts and flip flops on a sunny afternoon as I generally want to do and I found myself hungry in the company of an equally hungry friend that I have not seen in forever..
    where to go eat?

Hell Yes!!! They serve lunch as Alexanders FTW!?!?!

Keep in mind you need to walk a brief distance around the side of the venue to find the bar/lounge. It is kind of night and day compared to the venue proper that is so eloquently decked out at night during normal business hours. Looking at the menu I wasn't sure quite what to expect but listings of ramen was a surprise. As it turned out a very pleasant surprise indeed. We had ordered bowls of the alexanders short rib(?) ramen and a spicy filet mignon ramen. Yeah, I said filet mignon ramen. The noodles were good and the broth was even better. Everything about it was really great and considering that we are situated in an area known for competing ramen recipes this was an amazing find.

On another note, before trying their seemingly authentic noodle dishes I have to admit that it was one of the best ramens that this unsophisticated palate has had the pleasure or taste. Unfortunately we were both not sure as to the size of the ramens and had expected something of a diminutive size which turned out to be uncalled for as they were very generous. However not knowing that at the time of ordering we were very curious about the french dip that turned out to be mislabeled. It should have been pointed out that it was really a french dip FOR 2!!! As of the moment I have no idea as to the quality of the dip but I can say that it will leave you breathless from it's sheer size. Either which way I will be back.

See you very soon Alexnader...
    ;D

• Alexander's Steakhouse

Yes, lunch IS served at Alexander's, and it is awesome. Except it's not in the main dining room. It's in The Lounge, and what you'll find is a selection of izakaya style dishes, four types of ramen, a kobe burger and a prime rib french dip sandwich.

The Lounge is a hidden gem. In fact, it seems to be so hidden that most people don't know where it is in the restaurant. Although it has its own entrance off to the left of the building, most people overlook it and automatically go through the main entrance and think it's the bar area right near the hostess stand. If you happen to enter through the main doors, just take a left and go all the way down to the separate lounge in the back.

Because most people don't seem to know about it, The Lounge was practically empty when we were there for lunch at noon. It's perfect if you want to do an offsite lunch meeting or have a quiet lunch by yourself. The sole bartender took care of serving us. He made our Asian pear martinis and brought out our huge bowls of filet mignon ramen, which were amazing. 4oz of Alexander's filet mignon in ramen for $11?? You get a 6oz of filet mignon for dinner there for $38! Best value on the menu.

The portions are big enough to share. We saw some guys who had split one order of ramen and one prime rib dip and each portion still looked like a regular order. The kobe burger looked delicious as well, but share that too - it's $24. The hamachi shots are also excellent, so be sure to try that. If not for lunch, then at happy hour. They do serve the full dinner menu there in the evening.

• Alexander's Steakhouse

I celebrated my birthday here a few years ago. Very good steak, and some fusion appetizers. Would recommend for special occasions because the prices are high. They also got one Michelin star in 2010.

So good

Recommended for:FoodiesFamily TravelersLuxury Travelers
  • Alexander's Steakhouse

Best steakhouse in the West Coast, impeccable service, the best Wagyu Kobe selection.

Recommended for:Business TravelersFoodiesLuxury TravelersTrendsters
  • Alexander's Steakhouse

Cotton candy sweetens the bill

Recommended for:FoodiesLuxury Travelers