Alkoclar Keban Hotel
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
- 98%Local Culture
- 74%Business Travelers
Member Reviews (3)
- Alkoclar Keban HotelMember ofBudget TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 4Oct 23, 2013
The Keban gets you right in the heart of the Taksim area – so be prepared for the sights and sounds at all hours. It’s right on a busy street, so a back facing room might be a bit quieter. This is a pretty basic hotel, with a cool appeal, good quality and great service. The room was welcoming and cozy, with quality furnishings. There was no view from the room, so make sure to ask for one when you book if it matters to you. The breakfast buffet spread on the rooftop restaurant offers a wide variety, including hot and cold options, and of course, the view is the perfect complement to start the day with. I was especially fond of the sauna and steam room, perfect for rejuvenating after the wear and tear of exploring Istanbul.
- Alkoclar Keban HotelJul 05, 2012
The Keban Hotel's greatest asset is its location. The hotel is located in Cihangir, a hip Bohemian neighborhood in one of Istanbul's central districts. From the hotel entrance, it is about a 2-3 minute walk to Taksim square. The lobby is fairly simple and so are the rooms. The color scheme is mostly white, grey, and black. Honestly, the price of the hotel is a bit too much for what is being offered. The room I visited had scuff marks on the walls and burn marks in the curtains. While the hotel is generally clean, safe, and well located, I do not believe the price matches the quality offered.
Good!49 reviews across the web.
- Service100% found the staff to be very friendly.
- LocationTerrific location. 97% of the guests loved it.
- Food86% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- HotelHotel is great. Appreciated by 85% of guests.
- Hotel BuildingAcceptable building. Only 69% of guests gave positive feedback.
- PricePrice is tolerable. Only 55% of guests gave positive feedback.