Trip Plan Details
- Hostelling International (HI) - Monterey778 Hawthorne Street, Monterey, CA 93940recommended Hostelling International (HI) - MontereyRecommended for:Allison Doyle
I may be a little bias but the price can't be beat, and the management team at that location is stellar! Also, I just stayed an airbnb place in Pacific Grove and that was totally awesome as well. Look up Sarah and Evan's place if you're interested. They were great!
- Morimoto610 Main Street Napa, CA 94559
- Cobblestone InnJunipero Between Seventh & Eighth, PO Box 3185, Carmel, CA 93921recommended Cobblestone InnThis is a great bed and breakfast inn right in the heart of Carmel-by-the-Sea. It has solid construction with a lot of stones and natural decor. Every room has all the amenities you would expect from ... read morea hotel, so this place combines the bed and breakfast quaintness with the hotel amenities you are used to getting. The great thing about the Cobblestone Inn, is that every room has a stone fireplace! Combine that with the morning breakfast, and being within walking distance of all the great little shops, restaurants, even the local community theaters Carmel is famous for, and you'll enjoy your experience here, particularly if you haven't been to Carmel that often. Carmel's beautiful white sand beach is about 8 blocks down the hill, so you could take a leisurely stroll down and enjoy the fantastic views, natural beauty, and fresh air of the wonderful Monterey Peninsula. I grew up around here, and it is always a pleasure to come home.Recommended for:Wanugee
This is a great choice for a B and B in the heart of Carmel, close to everything, with breakfast and a fireplace in every room. You'll pay about $200 - $250, depending on season and availability.
- Nepenthe48510 Highway 1, Big Sur, CA 93920recommended NepentheIf you drive down the Big Sur Coast- you must stop here for a burger on the deck by the firepit- with the most spectacular view ever!!!Recommended for:
- The Restaurant at Mission Ranch26270 Dolores St, Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA 93923recommended The Restaurant at Mission RanchMission Ranch, Clint Eastwood's restaurant, does a good steak. Sit on the patio at sunset and watch the sheep in the pasture have their own dinner before they line up to go inside. I usually come here ... read moreeach time I visit the area.Recommended for:Joseph Coureur
There's a small hotel b&b thing there too, but I haven't stayed there. The sunset views are very nice and it's not too far from the beach.
- Normandy InnAt the corner of Ocean Avenue and Monte Verde Street, Carmel, CA 93921recommended Normandy InnWith an excellent location just a couple blocks from the beach (you hear the crashing waves at night thru the windows), this cute BnB-style hotel has friendly staff, decent breakfast, and oodles of ... read morecharacter. Rooms are on the small side, but the cottage-suites are lovely and open onto a pretty garden.Matthew Crompton
Hey Ally! Stayed here a few years ago and quite liked it. The location especially is pretty perfect. =)
- First Awakenings125 Ocean View Blvd, #105, Pacific Grove, CA 93950recommended First AwakeningsI had the Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal pancakes, my oh my!!! Our friends ordered the orchard oatmeal and an omelette and my husband had the Steak Benedict which was the breakfast special. We all shared, ... read moreportions were enormous and all of our meals spectacular.Recommended for:
commented on this trip