Andaz West Hollywood

8401 Sunset Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA 90069

Yulree Chun "@GogobotLA"
    5 Jul 09, 2014

It's in the details!

My whole experience at the Andaz in Hollywood was amazing. Everyone from the valet, front desk, hotel manager and room service was courteous and attentive. The rooftop pool is a huge plus!

Ryan Windsor (Reserve123)
    5 Jul 03, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel, which was formerly known as the Rock and Roll Hyatt back in the day. Great service, a really nice gym, excellent roof top pool, and an unbeatable location along the Sunset Strip.

Mel S Wong
    5 Dec 29, 2013

Awesome Andaz WeHo, a boutique brand of the Hyatt, has great location, walking distance to nightlife (party at the Standard, drinks at Chateau Marmont), awesome restaurants, and very close to other sights in LA. We were smitten by the welcome wines and evening wine reception. We took ours to the roof top pool area and just enjoyed the sunset over complimentary wine. how awesome is that?!

On the hardware, the rooms are very spacious, clean, and comfortable. The service very professional and friendly. Check in over wine, and check out were a breeze. We were very happy with our LA Andaz experience.

Recommended for:Business TravelersLuxury TravelersTrendsters
  • Andaz West HollywoodCommunity ManagerAmbassadorPro 2014
    Audrey Lo "@GogobotAudrey"
    5 Oct 17, 2013

Wow talk about great service and high tech! You walk into the andaz and the first thing you see are greeters with iPads asking what they can help you with! The lobby is stunning! Modern decor and warm vibe like the service. There's a chic bar to the right when you enter as well as many other services for your stay.

Recommended for:Business TravelersFamily TravelersLuxury Travelers
  • Andaz West HollywoodPro 2014
    Kat Von B (Travelinggreek)
    4 Jun 26, 2014

I liked this more than I thought I would!
    It is located in the middle of the Sunset Strip close to all the tourist attractions.
    The thing that is cool about this hotel is that when you walk in there is no front desk.
    There are Hotel Concierge walking around with headset's and laptops and when they get your name they walk you up to the room.
    The rooms are really comfortable but the selling point for me is free minibar!
    There is no charge for anything in the minibar and it is fully stocked with sodas,waters,candy and other snacks.
    Sorry no alcohol.
    A great hotel with great service!

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversBusiness TravelersLGBTLocal CultureLuxury TravelersNightlife Lovers
    Robert S
    5 May 31, 2013

In the late 1960s and 1970s the hotel became the preferred accommodation in Los Angeles for traveling rock bands, due largely to its close proximity to popular clubs such as the Whisky a Go Go. It was during this time that it was given the nickname Riot House on account of the wild antics carried out by band members there, most notably those of English rock groups such as Led Zeppelin, The Who and the Rolling Stones.

Justin Prosser
    5 Apr 21, 2013

My first trip to Hollywood is absolutely one I will never forget and much in part to the world class service of The Andaz staff. Immediately I was greeted by a valet attendant that unloaded my car and explained all parking options available. If you don’t already know parking in Los Angeles/ Hollywood is not the most convenient task. Parking fees are not included in room costs, but the valet offers a very reasonable overnight rate and prompt assistance when one needs to get to their vehicle. As the bell hop prepared my bags to haul to my room, he looked me in the eye, shook my hand and introduced himself. I then told him my name and every day I saw him over the course of my stay he addressed me by name. In fortuitous fashion, we arrived right as the complimentary happy hour began. For one hour a night they provide free wine in the lobby, priceless! One will also find a citrus infused water tank nearby to help rehydrate the following morning after a night out in swanky Hollywood. They also have an amazing bar and well priced restaurant on the first floor. The concierge was genuinely friendly, knowledgeable and attentive to our every need. Upon entering our room, I was pleased to discover the experience only continued to exceed my expectations. Clean, comfy, stocked fridge, great room service menu and virtually soundproof walls. The beds were super luxurious and the bathrooms were spotless. A trip to the pool will provide you with a stunning view overlooking the city of angels. The entire staff greeted us and made us feel right at home throughout our stay. My favorite part came as a pleasant surprise the day of check out. We were running late and called the front desk to request a late check out.....they extended our check out time from noon to 4 o’clock free of charge!!! Overall unbelievable experience!! If you want rockstar treatment, stay at the Andaz, period.

Recommended for:Luxury Travelers
    Soo Hom
    5 Jan 29, 2013

Awesome hotel! The staff and the guests here were cool. Loved the free beverages and rooftop pool.

Ryan Wright
    5 Dec 14, 2012

My wife made a reservation stay here for my 30th birthday and I had a great time! They have complimentary wine hour and the decor is really nice inside. The hotel room is spacious and we had a great view of the street.

Agustín Cruz
    5 Oct 08, 2012

Stay at Andaz West Hollywood, it's beautiful and modern, and omn the Sunset Strip. The price is usually better than other similar hotels. Andaz is Hyatt Hotels' boutique/lifestyle brand and you get free mini bar (not including alcohol), wifi, local phone calls, wine reception in the evenings, coffee in the morning. The best part is this hotel used to be the "Riot House" (google/wikipedia it), there's so much rock history there. The Andaz View rooms are my favorite, they have a sunroom overlooking all of LA. And West Hollywood is the best area in LA.

Recommended for:History Buffs
    May W
    5 Jul 02, 2014

I felt like a freaking king (or queen I suppose) when I stayed here! Yes, it is a swanky hotel that I could probably only afford to stay in once in a blue moon, but c'mon, you just gotta splurge sometimes, you know? Everything was so modern and trendy that I felt kind of guilty moving some of the furniture around and ruining the mood. I loved all the awesome snacks, including the green tea, they provide to the guests. I remember coming here for a party once too and everyone was really impressed with the decor. We also dined in the restaurant on the first floor and the food was super delicious, even though it was a bit pricey.

Recommended for:Trendsters
    Tilly Wright

They have complimentary wine hour every day and the decor of the hotel is absolutely fantastic.

Anna Donovan

This hotel is conveniently located on Sunset Blvd, near restaurants, coffee shops and Hollywood Blvd. Hotel has been there for over 40 years, but just recently it was closed for 8 month and completely renovated. It looks great! There is no check-in desk per say, but you will be gritted by the employs dressed in casual clothing and they will take you to one of the computers located on the floor to check you in (Reminded me of the Apple store). Rooms are average size, but well priced. Basic room is $250 if you would to just walk in, but I was advised to look on line for the deals and book in advance, which might allow you to find $200 or under price for the same room. The hotel is clean and elegant. Top floor has a roof pool and the bar. There is a work out room on one of the floors that is quite specious. There is a nice restaurant on the first floor. The only reason why I did not give this hotel a 5 stars is because of the room size, other then it looks and feels great.

Austin Szu

Another hotel I did not stay at, but was here for a Yelp Elite event, and I have to say this was one of the nicest hotels I had seen.

From the moment you pull up to the valet, you get a sense of elegance with the hotel. Formerly a Hyatt Hotel, whoever bought this property up and redecorated did a marvelous job. The lobby wasn't laden in gold or anything, but it was absolutely beautiful.

We did not have a chance to peek at any of the rooms, but I would imagine they're just as beautiful as the rest of the hotel. Downstairs you will find RH Restaurant and Bar, a completely open restaurant with a fully open and beautiful kitchen that ever since being here, have been wanting to check out and try.

The most awesome part of the hotel (as well as our event) was being on the rooftop ballroom and pool, which offered a GORGEOUS 180 degree view of Hollywood and Los Angeles.

My only critique of the pool area was a seemingly lack of better lighting at night. Would have been much more nicer to hang out outside and actually not have to squint.

If I ever take a "staycation" in West Hollywood, I'm definitely booking a room here.

Lulu

This is a gorgeous and very modern hotel right on Sunset Blvd, close to all the hot clubs and hip restaurants. We got off on the wrong foot at first though because my boyfriend and I waited forever and a day for someone to check us in, only to put us in the wrong room. We had booked one of the larger king rooms with a view, but they gave us a regular room with a view of...a parking lot. How lovely. They quickly took care of the situation though without us even having to go back down to the lobby. From there on it was smooth sailing! All the non-alcoholic beverages and snacks in the room were complimentary. The bed was extremely comfy and the little sunroom with an amazing view of the strip and the rest of LA was my favorite part. Note that the windows are NOT tinted from the outside so you probably don't want to be walking around naked or getting it on in the sunroom area.

Lucy Swift Weber Youdovin
    4 Jan 02, 2013
    Hany Kridaningsih
    4 Dec 14, 2012
Showing Lowest Prices

Andaz West Hollywood is more than a hip boutique hotel. It’s a lifestyle. With a mix of Hollywood glamour and warm personal style, The 239-room hotel boasts spectacular views of the Hollywood Hills on one side, and the Sunset Strip on the other; a rooftop Sundeck and heated pool; and more than 9,000 square feet of flexible event space including Panorama, a rooftop ballroom with panoramic views of ... read more
L.A.

Visitors can experience the culture of West Hollywood, from art installations to music programming highlighting local artists; and RH Restaurant & Bar, where the menu is centered around the freshest, seasonal ingredients sourced from local farmers. Other amenities include free WiFi throughout the hotel, a 24-hour fitness center, 24-hour room service, and valet parking.

Guests can expect all of the complimentary amenities found at Andaz Hotels like wireless Internet access, mini bar snacks and non-alcoholic beverages, local phone calls, coffee served in the Lounge in the mornings, and red and white wine in the evenings.

Once a landmark West Hollywood hotel, famous for its rock ‘n roll parties hosted by musicians like The Rolling Stones, The Who, and Led Zeppelin, Andaz West Hollywood is a modern urban oasis with a touch of vintage glamour. The décor enhances the natural surroundings of Hollywood, turning the old “Riot House” into a Los Angeles retreat ideal for the independent thinker who wants to personalize their travel experiences.

• Business Center