Angel City Brewery

216 South Alameda Street, Los Angeles, CA
Angel City Brewery

• Angel City BreweryAmbassadorPro 2014

Cool brewery in downtown la, in the arts district! They brew their own beer here, you can even take tours of the brewing facilities every hour or so (they announce it on the intercom!). Fun games all set out for people to play, and you're welcome to bring food and your dog to hang out indoors! Love the free seltzer (the kind I tried was strawberry basil) and the cool space.

Recommended for:FoodiesLocal CultureTrendsters
  • Angel City BreweryCommunity ManagerAmbassadorPro 2014

Really great venue with a huge selection of beers and art installations all over the venue. They have board games and allow dogs instead - winner! Love this bar!

Recommended for:FoodiesNightlife LoversTrendsters
  • Angel City BreweryPro 2014

Love this place!! I've been here in many different capacities: I've come to drink at the bar, I've been here to celebrate a friends birthday, I've been here to play Cards Against Humanity with friends, heck, I've even been here to play a show with the super dynamite music director Collette!

First off, soooo spacious. I love a place where I feel like I can roam around and not step on everyone's toes. The bathroom is really spacious too! I mean, just 'cause we're guys doesn't mean we can't appreciate a nice large clean bathroom, too bad most guys are so frickin nasty.

Second, the beer is not only tasty, but reasonably priced too! Yes, they only have beer, and no, they don't have PBR (which keeps some of the lame hipsters away, score!). But they do brew a nice selection, if you like beer you'll probably find something you'll like. And they have growlers for sale, way better to get them here then the store, and great to have for house or pool parties!

Finally, cool bartenders. Tara is my favorite, Starr is awesome too, and even though I don't know all of them I've never had a bad bartender here. Heck, even the doorman is cool, this place is just too cool for school I guess. :D

So if you haven't stopped by, what are you waiting for? Come in, grab a beer (or two), stop at one of the food trucks they usually have outside, and just chill for a while. Sounds like a good time to me, I may go this evening...

Recommended for:Local CultureStudentsTrendsters
  • Angel City BreweryPro 2014

Industrial, hipster and laid back brewery located in Little Tokyo area. The building use to be some kind of shipping company (they moved their package from the second floor down the spiral slide). The bartenders are pretty social and you could bring your own food (pie hole, wurstKuche, snow ice and food truck) .

Food truck on Saturdays. Street parking.

LOVE: their beer, the bartenders (hi tara!), their games, live music, dog friendly, etc

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversNightlife LoversStudentsTrendsters
  • Angel City BreweryPro 2014

Came here for the Avocado Festival.

They had avocado popsicle from Octopops.
    They had a guacamole contest.

We did not have a chance to taste any beers nor partake in the tours.
    Why? Well, as smart drinkers know, you should not drink on an empty stomach.

We came late after trying to find a parking spot on the street.
    Glad we were walking during the daytime. This ain't the burbs.

But, the food trucks were still not here. I asked someone whom looked like they might be in charge. I was told soon. So we went to reserve a spot for the tour.
    We walked around the big space. People were playing games.
    Munching on a popsicle and trying the contestants' guacamole samples did not satiate our hunger. After a bit, they still had not arrived. And, we said after eating, we will be back.

So, we left. But, we did not come back later that day. Hopefully, we will come back. Someday.

Overall, no opinion(s) yet.

• Angel City BreweryPro 2014

So this is a decent beer bar within a large open warehouse... Lots of fun beertenders and some decent deals on pricing make this an interesting and worthwhile place to drop by.

They have a multilevel seating area with a unique interior design. This creates a nice open area for live bands or other things. Do not expect a TV here showing a game, as this is more of a chill and chat location.

They brew their own grog and ask that you consume a bunch of it! It is definitely a relaxed place and allows for some fun stuff to go down. They also often have a food truck or two parked out front.

Pro Tip: Parking sucks around here so you may get lucky and get one of their extremely limited spaces or a nearby metered spot, otherwise it will take you a while to get one.

So if you want to have a fun time in a unique environment, bring your butt in here to check it out.

Recommended for:BackpackersBudget TravelersNightlife LoversTrendsters

awesome beers!

• Angel City BreweryPro 2014

I love the space, I love the beers, I love Tara, and I love the live performances.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodiesLocal Culture
  • Angel City Brewery

Selections of beer is a wide range of in-house brews. I like the white knight the best.

Recommended for:FoodiesLocal CultureBusiness TravelersNightlife Lovers

Great local brewery in the Little Tokyo area

Super awesome venue!

• Angel City Brewery

Bacon, Brews & Board Games hosted by Tara! Gimme gimme prizes!

Kyoto Grand Hotel and Gardens