Angel Stadium of Anaheim

West Anaheim Junction
Angel Stadium

The Big A
    Home of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. For me (I live in the OC) they're still the Anaheim Angels, sorry.
    Full disclosure, I'm not a baseball fan. I grew up a Dodger fan, but I find baseball too slow. But occasionally, I'd watch, but I rather watch it live, not on TV.

On this occasion, I was here for a game between the Angels and the Dodgers. Freeway Series as we call them.

The parking here is so much better than at Dodger Stadium, certainly a plus.

Concession is just okay in my opinion. They had a BBQ stand by Gate 1, which had a good selection of food, but the rest of the concession stands had the basic stadium food items. They did have a Panda Express on the second level near center field. Nice touch, but still not a foodie mecca IMO.

The seating was very good and the views from the stands was excellent.

The crowd was well behaved (compared to Dodgers Stadium) In fact since it was the battle of L.A. the fans from both teams were inter twined in the crowd. A good friendly banter can be heard throughout the game, making the atmosphere a fun one.

It was my 3 year old son's first baseball game and he had a blast. He had a great time giving high fives to the Dodger fanatic seating in front of us. The seventh inning stretch time was also a memorable experience for him.
    The Dodgers winning was icing on the cake.

My family had a great time!!
    I would normally root for the Angels, but not against the Dodgers =)
    GO DODGERS!! and Angels!!

Recommended for:Family TravelersNightlife LoversLocal CultureAdventure Travelers
  • Angel Stadium of Anaheim

Take your clients out to a ball game and watch the Major League Baseball Anaheim Angels. Just 10 minutes from Disneyland, this stadium is the hub for hot dogs, good beer, home runs, and great times. Get to know your business partners and clients in this fun and exciting venue.

• Angel Stadium of Anaheim

Beautiful architecture and design with their last remodel. Ease of parking and accessabililty for parking and arriving at your seat with ease.

• Angel Stadium of AnaheimCommunity ManagerAmbassadorPro 2014

Huge stadium where a number or major ball games, concerts, events and graduations are held in the heart of Anaheim. It's outdoor seating area can get warm in the summertime so bring a hat!

Recommended for:Local CultureFamily TravelersOutdoor Enthusiasts
  • Angel Stadium of AnaheimPro 2014

Its been awhile since ive been at the Angel Stadium, ive been going to the Dodgers stadium! Traitor i know..good thing i am not a die hard fan because the Angel Stadium is actually a lot Cleaner and nicer than the Dodger stadium!

Oakley is now a proud sponsor for the Angels, they even have their own store in the stadium..it almost looked as if its a mall !
    Baseball is such a long sport, but i was actually pretty involved in the game this time around! The food we ordered really filled me up to the brim! They drenched my garlic fries with WAYY too much butter and garlic that i probably would have bad breath for weeks!

note to self: bring blanket next time.

Recommended for:Local CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts
  • Angel Stadium of AnaheimPro 2014

Although many people spend all their time inside the Disneyland Resort and theme parks, Anaheim is also a great place to catch a major-league baseball game from spring through fall. The stadium is just a quick drive from the Mouse House.

• Angel Stadium of Anaheim

A beautiful baseball ballpark to watch a game. Check out the angels website for schedule of home games.

• Angel Stadium of Anaheim

Th Angels play in a really nice baseball stadium, but no where as nice as AT&T Park, the best ballpark in the world. Staff is really nice, and the stadium itself is clean and family friendly. The Mickey Mouse statue outside the front gate is super cute.

I was able to see Ludacris perform on the field after the Angels' played and that was so much fun.

• Angel Stadium of Anaheim

They did a very good job revamping this stadium many years back. My favorite section of the stadium is the budweiser pavilion. During events the pavilion is always packed! It's like going to a local bar but you can watch a live game/concert and drink!

There is also a family fun section which opens up on Sundays during the baseball season. There you will find various games for kids to play.

Another thing I like is the option of places to eat like Jack in the box, panda express, chronic tacos. tostidos nachos bar and of course tons of the typical ballpark stands.

Getting in and out is pretty organized and there are many exits. The surrounding area is nice and the freeways are close.

• Angel Stadium of Anaheim

Angel Stadium is a great day at the ballpark and is extremely family friendly. Rally Monkeys, t-shirt cannons and fireworks after the game make it a fun time even if you could care less about what is happening on the field.

• Angel Stadium of Anaheim

Very family-friendly ballpark. Clean, easy parking, and from my experience there isn't a bad seat in the house (though it's nice to get out of the nosebleed section).

• Angel Stadium of Anaheim

If you team is in town you can watch them battle it out with the Angels, just 20 minutes from your home by the sea!

• Angel Stadium of Anaheim

No need to drive , you can just hop on the metro link that will drop you off at the parking lot of the Stadium from the Bella Eden vacation rental in Fullerton.
    The Metro link is just 3 blocks from the home or you can make the drive in just 15 minutes from the home. Freeway close.

• Angel Stadium of AnaheimPro 2014

I went here with my friend Brian B for the U2 concert on 6/17/11. We had great seats! We rolled into the lot where we found great parking. By the time we got there Lenny was already playing, but he was on his second song so its all good.

The security was helpful and directed us to our seats. Of course, we ran into "That Guy" that thought we were in the wrong seat. Hmmm, lets see, you look at your seat number, and row number right? Well, apparently he forgot about the row number and thought we were in the wrong seat until we showed the tix. When I showed his wife my ticket, I think she knew the husband was wrong going by the look on her face, but she didnt want to call the husband out. So we did :). We directed him to the row number on the ticket, which was Woolaaa, Row X. Once he seen the light smack him on the side of his dome, he shook our hands and moved on.

The concert was great and the stadium did a great job. The exit out of the parking lot was out of Raiders of the lost Ark. People were stuck in line in chill mode. Well, we recived some great intel from some other people leaving the lot, and they had another way out. We took it and as we watched the other poor souls wait as their hair turned gray and botox sag out, we were able to get out of there and hit the freeway on for some K-town action to meet up with the wife and friend.

Great place for a concert. Just avoid the $12 beer and deal with your thirst after you leave the stadium, or just hit up the 7-11 near.

• Angel Stadium of Anaheim

Love the Angels and love this stadium. So easy to get in and out of, freeway access and good, though pricey food inside and in surrounding area. Also the "rally monkey."

• Angel Stadium of AnaheimPro 2014

Ok I cant count how many trips I have been here for. I have worked games here shooting photos. I have watched Monster Trucks squashing chit and breaking here. I got an NFL football from a Rams chargers game in the mid 80s here! I have been to countless Angels games as well... I even made a Billy Graham Crusade deal when I was younger.

But overall this place sucks in winter especially in the upper deck. The rest of the stadium can get cold but not as cold as the upper decks when you have the wind blowing. Do not go if its raining and you are under one of the eaves IMHO...

The bathrooms are always crowded but are much better than when I was a kid. Still I dont think that they are that great. They are also dirty pretty much all of the time.

NO TAILGATING ALLOWED!!! TALK ABOUT PARTY POOPERS!!! Who doesnt want to be able to grill up a brat before a game... ohhh well its kinda how it goes I am sad to say. The outfield area of the baseball stadium behind the fountains has some good food joints with stands... but be prepared for some inflated pricing as well!

The press access is an interesting thing. We have a separate gate to go through and an elevator ride to get to the field. However access to restrooms is a bit tricky as well. The lines and locations that we are allowed to go are well documented allowing photographers and others to know exactly where they can and can not go.

Overall its just another average stadium with overpriced grub/swag and not the best place to be with any kind of inclement weather.

Parking is actually very good here compared to almost any other stadium. I always even park in the stadium lot. I just havent found much inexpensive local parking that isnt an extensively far distance to hike over from. I do suggest meeting friends nearby and carpooling to the stadium however :)

• Angel Stadium of AnaheimPro 2014

I was in town while the Angels had a home game, so I went. The tickets were reasonably priced (unlike Chicago), parking was a breeze, and the concessions were decent. The best part was the Rally Monkey, however. Somewhere near the 7th inning, the concession walkers showed up with howling monkey toys, which I thought was odd. Then the Rally Monkey showed up on the big screen. It's an odd mascot for a team named the "Angels". Check him out on Youtube.

I also got to run through Angel Stadium as part of the Disneyland half marathon. That was a real treat.

• Angel Stadium of Anaheim

A great stadium to go watch a game. Even if you're not into baseball you're bound to have some fun here. The fireworks after every homerun and the spectacles that occur when the Angels win are worth a night out at the park.

• Angel Stadium of Anaheim

Go Angels!! Awesome park, awesome fans. This is a great family activity and fun for everyone. Everyone I've gone, it's a blast!!

• Angel Stadium of Anaheim

This is a great and clean stadium. Everyone that works here is happy & very helpful. Unlike other stadiums I've been to. And I've been to a lot. Also veggie friend food for people who don't eat meat.

To give your family an experience to remember, bring them to Angel Stadium of Anaheim. The fourth-oldest MLB stadium, you will find that Angel Stadium is chock-full of options for food, such as Clyde Wright's Tennessee Bar-B-Que, California Pizza Kitchen, and Katella Family Grill, among many other choices. You can take care of your family's needs in the family restrooms or in the men's or women's restroom; most of the men's rooms have baby changing stations, too. Make sure to visit the Kid's Area in Section 237, too. Even if the team you cheer loses, stay after the game for fireworks and other family-friendly fun.

24,483 people visited Angel Stadium of Anaheim