Angeline's Louisiana Kitchen

2261 Shattuck Ave, Berkeley, CA 94704

Jenn B
    4 Jul 23, 2014

This is a fun restaurant for a group meal or a date. Make a reservation in advance because this place is very popular. Be sure to order the jambalaya and the beignets! A dinner for two with dessert will set you back about $50.

Kelly G.
    3 Jul 10, 2014

Good food, kind of pricey though. Long wait times, even on July 4th! The group agreed the only real "southern" food was their butter with brussel sprouts...wait, I mean brussel sprouts with butter. Sweet tea was sweet enough for me, but definitely not Southern sweet.

Recommended for:FoodiesLocal CultureNightlife LoversTrendsters
    Owie
    4 May 13, 2014

A spontaneous trip to Berkeley on a weekday to try this place was amazing. I was a little sad that I was not able to bring my camera to take picture of the food. It would have been nice capture our awesome meal!

We ordered:

- Fried Cheese Grits w/Crawfish Etouffee = tasty cheese texture with crawfish was divine!

- Chef B's Honey-Braised Baby Back Ribs w/house made Louisiana-style bourbon BBQ sauce = very moist, tender, and saucy!

- Buttermilk Fried Chicken = sweet potato mash and tasso ham cream gravy & Blue Lake green beans w/parmesan was delicious.

I am sure I would give this place another try and definitely will remember to bring my camera to take picture of their delicious food!

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodiesLocal CultureStudents
  • Angeline's Louisiana KitchenCommunity ManagerAmbassadorPro 2014
    Keane
    5 Jul 23, 2014

I knew the owner of Angeline's when he first opened the restaurant. I had written a review of the place on another site and brought in some customers, so he reached out and thanked me, thereby starting an online friendship where he would tell me all the going-ons of the restaurant business. I was honored, as I loved this restaurant for both their food and service.

During my first visit, I had the jambalaya, hush puppies and the banana fosters bread pudding. All of it was delicious. The workers are all from the South, so authenticity is not an issue.

Unfortunately, during my last visit to the place, I discovered the owner whom I had been speaking with passed away just a few months prior. Still, the staff here do a great job and really make an effort to create a memorable dining experience.

Eric Brink

A Louisiana friend of mine from work recently me that this was as close to down home cooking that he's tasted since he left the Bayou. Angeline's is small and popular. I think the Gumbo is fantastic, th Po Boys delicious, the Abita beer tasty, and the rest of the food authentic (and often fried). Great service too.

• Angeline's Louisiana Kitchen
    Christian Follmann
    5 Mar 11, 2012

917 people visited Angeline's Louisiana Kitchen

Moderate$$

Monday 11:30 AM - 9:00 PM, Tuesday 11:30 AM - 9:00 PM, Wednesday 11:30 AM - 9:00 PM, Thursday 11:30 AM - 9:00 PM, Friday 11:30 AM - 9:00 PM, Saturday 11:30 AM - 10:00 PM, Sunday Closed

Berkeley City Club