Trip Plan Details
- KC's Crepes Cafe8320 Lincoln Blvd # 101B, Los Angeles, CA 90045-2465, United Statesrecommended KC's Crepes CafeA hidden gem in playa del rey! I always stop by here before and after a flight since its a mile from lax! The Japanese style crepes and jasmine milk tea with boba are to die for. Make it a point to ... read morepay this cute cafe a visit and say hello to KC for me! :)Audrey Lo "@GogobotAudrey"
Right by the airport. Quick japanese crepes and boba that is TO DIE FOR!! Make a stop here if you get a chance!
- Copa D'Oro217 Broadway Santa Monica, CA 90401, United Statesrecommended Copa D'OroThis is one of my favorite drink spots on the west side; and it's also where I discovered one of my favorite drinks EVER. They use fresh, organic ingredients and the bartenders really know their ... read morestuff. You can also pick and choose from ingredients, then the bartenders will make you a delicious concoction with their know-how and all the goods behind the counter. Try one of my faves: a cucumber mint martini with a splash of ginger beer.Audrey Lo "@GogobotAudrey"
My favorite bar in all of Santa Monica! If you get a chance, pop in here during happy hour! All the drinks are $5!!
- Gjelina1429 Abbot Kinney Blvd, Venice, CA 90291
- Sapp Coffee Shop5183 Hollywood Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA, United Statesrecommended Sapp Coffee ShopIf you like fiery and authentic Thai food, then get yourself over to Thai Town, just east of Hollywood. And if you're a noodle geek, you're going to want to start here at Sapp Coffee Shop. One star ... read morefor atmosphere - it'll remind you of a high school lunch cafeteria - but five stars for tasting just like Thailand street hawkers' carts. FYI the most famous dish on the menu is "Boat Noodles."Sara Benson
Super-cheap! But so tasty.
- Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles5006 W Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90019recommended Roscoe's House of Chicken and WafflesTheir gravy covered fried chicken is awesome with some hot sauce. I'm not too big a fan of waffles but in this instance it pairs nicely. Love the grits too.Recommended for:Kevin Cheng
I wouldn't call this cheap cheap, but you can totally get away for under $15 a person.
- Tito's Tacos11222 Washington Pl, Culver City, CA 90230
- Road to Seoul1230 South Western Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90006recommended Road to SeoulThe "Road to Seoul" beef is excellent, and of course they have all the standard cuts of meat for you to throw on the grill here as well. They do use charcoal here so it's extra tasty but also extra ... read moresmoky, so wear stuff you don't have to dry clean.Kevin Cheng
This is one of the best AYCE Korean BBQs in town. Should be $17 a person.
- Bay Cities Italian Deli & Bakery1517 Lincoln Blvd, Santa Monica, California 90401, USArecommended Bay Cities Italian Deli & BakeryI don't even like sandwiches and I love this place, probably the one place I would go out of my way to buy a sandwich. Of course, the famous one is the Godmother - can't go wrong with that one! The ... read morebread is fresh, the ingredients are high quality and piled high. Who knew you could get such an amazing meal out of a mom and pop market/deli?!Recommended for:Traci
Another famous spot for sandwiches in Santa Monica -- do not miss if you have the chance!
- Versailles10319 Venice Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90034recommended VersaillesThe food at Versailles is great -- huge portions, full of strong flavors (including a lot of garlic) and yummy sides like the delicious plantains. I always get the grilled chicken breast with garlic ... read moresauce, others are partial to the half roasted chicken. I recently got to try the cuban sandwich, which you would expect to be delicious (and it is!) but the bread was a little too close to stale for my taste. I could literally eat the plantains all day -- they're awesome. Plus the garlic sauce is amazing if you like garlic.Recommended for:Traci
An LA legend -- amazing cuban food. The plantains are addictingly good!
- Wurstküche Restaurant800 East 3rd Street, Los Angeles, CA 90013recommended Wurstküche RestaurantThe name literally translates to "Sausage Kitchen" and the food here is great. You can choose from your standard bratwursts or if you're feeling more adventurous you can try things like the ... read morerattlesnake sausage. They also have great beers on tap (as any self respecting German-inspired restaurant should!) Even the veggie sausages are great -- the vegetarians I ate with once even bought some to take home! They also cater private events!Recommended for:VegetarianTraci
They have one in Venice too, since you mention that is where you are staying!
- James' Beach60 N Venice Blvd, Venice, CA 90291recommended James' BeachGreat bar and restaurant in Venice. Lots of different areas for seating, indoor and a psuedo outdoor patio as well. Parking can be a pain here - opt for the valet!Recommended for:Traci
One of my group of friends' favorite places to grab a drink!
- Santa Monica Farmers' Market200 Santa Monica Pier Santa Monica, CA 90401-3126recommended Santa Monica Farmers' MarketA mainstay in Santa Monica. This is a great place to head for Sunday brunch. You can sit outside on the grass beneath a shady tree or on one of the tables, eat mouth watering buttermilk pancakes, huge ... read morehome-made omelettes or fresh tamales, and even ride a pony if you are so inclined. They also have some of the best organic produce in the world! They usually have a live band performing as well.
- La Cabana738 Rose Ave, Venice, CA 90291recommended La CabanaMy favorite mexican place on the west side. Not a taqueria - this is traditional mexican. Try the chile relleno burrito if you think you can handle the cheese. Really great margaritas as well served ... read morein a shaker! Open until the wee hours of the night.