Aomotu Lodge

6 Ashby Street, Russell, New Zealand

• Aomotu LodgeAmbassadorPro 2014
    Nally
    4 Sep 10, 2012

At first I couldn't decide whether to stay in Russell or Paihia, and I'm so glad I chose the Aomotu Lodge in Russell. I arrived in Russell and easily found the lodge, which is on a hill overlooking the town. From the outside, it is hard to tell how big the lodge is, as it is built perfectly into the hillside. Huge windows overlook the harbor. I had requested the Waipuna Suite because of the spa room. Our room was perfect. An enormous bathroom had a shower, towel warmer, refridgerator, fresh fruit, tea, and a french press coffee maker. Local wines were also available to purchase. Organic, New Zealand-made toiletries were in the shower. The bedroom had a comfortable queen-size bed, desk, and tv. The spa room had a huge jacuzzi and a door that opened onto our own patio. Breakfast was served in the dining room each morning. There was also a computer to check email. Our hosts were welcoming and knowledgeable without ever feeling intrusive. We easily walked from the lodge to the center of town. I would definitely stay at the Aomotu Lodge again without hesitation if we returned to the Bay of Islands.

Showing Lowest Prices