Arc de Triomphe
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%History Buffs
- 88%Local Culture
- 77%Art & Design Lovers
- 64%Family Travelers
- 62%Budget Travelers
- 58%Luxury Travelers
Member Reviews (567)
- Arc de TriompheMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodiesOct 24, 2013
It's a must to see, when visiting Paris. A tribute to the greatness of Napoleon (but when it was finished, he already was imprisoned on Elba). Also: the traffic around the Arc is something to behold!
- Arc de TriompheMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsFamily TravelersFoodies+ 2Oct 24, 2013
Some of the best views of Paris can be seen from the top of the Arc de Triomphe. You can see straight down the Champs Elysees, you can see the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre! Its located right at the end of the Champs Elysees, so you can do a little sight seeing then do a bit of shopping!
- Arc de TriompheMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 2Oct 21, 2013
The Arc de Triomphe is a famous landmark that is towards the end of the Champs-Elysees, Paris's largest and longest boulevard. From central Paris, I would suggest walking along the Champs-Elysees until you approach the Arc de Triomphe. You'll get a chance to see shops, restaurants, and get to do lots of people watching.Recommended for:Art & Design Lovers
- Arc de Triomphe
- Arc de TriompheCommunity ManagerMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 4Oct 17, 2013
Monument around the largest turnaround in all of Paris. A must-see tourist destination at the end of the Champs Elysess
- Arc de TriompheMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 14Oct 17, 2013
Even if you are not a first time visitor, you will definitely keep seeing this because the main avenues of Paris all sort of emanate from this rotund. The Arc has been the scene many movies shot in Paris. Besides the Eiffel Tower, I would think it symbolizes Paris.
- Arc de TriompheMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4Oct 12, 2013
This Paris icon is a must-see for first time visitors. Most of the charm is from the outside but you can also catch a nice view from the top.
- Arc de TriompheMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 12Oct 04, 2013
The Arc de Triomphe, honours those who fought and died for France in the French Revolutionary and the Napoleonic Wars, with the names of all French victories and generals inscribed on its inner and outer surfaces. Beneath its vault lies the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier from World War I.
Hotels Near Arc de TriompheSee more nearby hotels
Restaurants Near Arc de TriompheSee more nearby restaurants
Aliases: Arche de Triomphe