Trip Plan Details
- Eleven Madison Park11 Madison Ave., New York, NY 10010recommended Eleven Madison ParkExceptional food with friendly and attentive service. Certainly one of the best formal dining experiences I have had in NY. Highly recommended. The food has a mix of Japanese, French and American ... read moreinfluences. Expect highly quality seasonal ingredients prepared in a unique but accessible style. Gorgeous dining room. Very warm / friendly staff that go out of their way to anticipate and respond to needs.Harold Smith-Franzen (@smithfranzen)
Not exactly midtown but midtown is pretty awful
- AJ Maxwell's Steakhouse57 West 48th Street, New York, NY 10020-1509, United Statesrecommended AJ Maxwell's SteakhouseI had the meal of my life here. Once the staff realized that was my goal, they made it happen! They had kobe steak on the menu, and steak and lobster but not kobe steak and lobster. They went ahead ... read moreand did it for me and my guest. We had appetizers, salads, entrees and a bottle of Pinot Noir. When we got ready for dessert they said it was on them. We asked them for a glass of their best port and their best chocolate, and they didn't fail to deliver. Also gave us a cheesecake with some fresh fruit, even though we didn't ask for it. They said that no trip to NYC would be complete without some cheesecake. I would definitely go back!Recommended for:
recommended Hickam Air Force BaseIt's not hard to see why Hickam Air Force Base was once voted the most beautiful AFB in the nation. It simply is. Whether you're here to shop, watch a fun air show or dine at the beautiful Officer's ... read moreClub, you'll quickly witness the natural beauty of this pristine military base.Recommended for:Keane
Do you happen to know anyone in the military? The beach at Hickam can get really festive during the 4th :-)
- Daniel60 E 65th St, New York, NY 10065recommended DanielDaniel Boulud's culinary masterpiece is pure NYC perfection. I started my decadent meal with a White Cosmopolitan with Elderflower and ended it with the Maple-Honey Pear Variatio. The service here is ... read moreimpeccable. I noticed a loose thread on my dress and out of nowhere, a server came with silver scissors on a tray to swiftly remove me from my "crisis". I love Daniel and hope I am lucky enough to be back for more!Recommended for:
- One If by Land, Two If by Sea17 Barrow St, New York, NY 10014recommended One If by Land, Two If by SeaMy boyfriend and I came here for a belated Valentine's Day dinner. We chose the Three Course Prix Fixe menu which filled us up perfectly. The grass-fed lamb saddle entree was extremely flavorful and ... read moretender. The side of smashed potatoes with truffle was also delicious. The ambiance of One If By Land was perfect; between the pianist, the candlelit table setting with white roses, it all created an incredibly romantic experience.Recommended for:Jenny Layne Cardon
not midtown, but certainly romantic!
- Cafe Luxembourg200 W 70th St, New York, NY 10023recommended Cafe LuxembourgCafe Luxembourg is a mainstay upper West Side restaurant with about a 30 year history. Food is French/American bistro served in an elegant, vintage dining atmosphere. Reservations are a must, and the ... read moredining experience is intimate and elegant. Lots of regulars frequent here, including a pretty visible celebrity clientele.Recommended for:Meg Brooker
Okay-- this is upper west side, not midtown, but this place definitely screams classic NY -- great dinner option before you hit a show at Lincoln Center...
commented on this trip
You can shore dive at Sharks Cove in Pupukea, or multiple dive operators with boat trips. Paddle boarding and kayak are also fun options.
recommended Punalu'u black sand beachJust have a open mind :-)Recommended for:
- Tita's Grill56-1101 Kamehameha Highway, Kahuku, HI
recommended Ola at Turtle Bay ResortRight on the sand at Turtle Bay Resort. Upscale Hawaiian style food. They have a great wine list which includes a large selection of wines by the glass.Recommended for:
- Pipa Tapas Bar38 East 19th Street, New York, NY 10003
commented on this trip
There are some north shore swells for surfing but mostly flat in the summer. Snorkel is popular at Shark's Cove. You can also kayak, do stand up paddle, and scuba. There is also horse-back riding and golfing at Turtle Bay Resort.
commented on this trip
Turtle Bay will have a 4th celebration. In terms of uniquely Hawaiian is subjective. There will be Hawaiian dance and music performances, crafts, games, and food. They will have fireworks, but not as big as the ones at Aloha Tower (on the night of the 3rd) and Ala Moana (night of the 4th). Celebration starts at 4pm and is free and open to the public.
- Empire State Building350 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10118-0100
- Turtle Bay Resort57-091 Kamehameha Hwy Kahuku, Oahu, Hawaii 96731