Hell's Kitchen - Round 2
Who's on this trip?
Looking for awesome restaurants and cold weather attractions for a January weekend in Hell's Kitchen. What do you got gogobot? I had some of my best gogobot recommendations ever on a late summer trip I took here, but unfortunately a lot of the warmer weather suggestions will no longer be appropriate....
Trip Plan Details
- 44 1/2 Hell's Kitchen626 10th Avenue, New York, NY
- 2 Bros Pizza542 9th Ave, New York
- KTCHN508 West 42nd Street, New York, NY, United States
- The Jacob K. Javits Convention Center655 West 34th Street, New York, 10001, United States
- The Daily Show With Jon Stewart733 11th Avenue, New York, NY
- Ollie's Noodle Shop1991 Broadway, New York city, New York 10023, United States
- Puttanesca Restaurant859 9th Avenue, New York, NY
- Kashkaval856 9th Avenue, New York, NY, United States
- Eatery798 9th Avenue, New York, NYrecommended EateryMy favorite 9th avenue brunch spot. Lines can get long after noon on a weekend but you'll find Eatery to be stroller free with good food, strong drinks, and energetic / fun wait staff. The menu is ... read morepretty eclectic -- a mix of American, Mexican and Asian-fusion dishes. Everything is solid. I go here more for the vibe than the food.Harold Smith-Franzen (@smithfranzen)
A good spot for brunch in HK
- Pam Real Thai Food402 W 47th St, New York, NY 10036recommended Pam Real Thai FoodThe most authentic Thai food I've found in Manhattan (so far). The atmosphere here is nothing to speak of but the food is very good. Just off of 9th avenue, not a place that you are likely to discover ... read moreunless you go searching for it.
commented on this trip
Hell's Kitchen isn't the best for food but does have a few good spots -- all tend to be budget options.
- Hell's Kitchen679 Ninth Ave,New York, NY 10036recommended Hell's KitchenA great pre-theater option. Hell's Kitchen serves up "progressive" (i.e., upscale and inventive) Mexican cuisine. A personal favorite is the Hoja Santa-Crusted Tuna Tostadas with Guacamole and Grilled ... read morePineapple. Always kills me that there are tourists eating at Applebee's a few blocks over when all they have to do is walk to 9th Avenue to have something really good.Recommended for:Luxury Travelers
- Ariana Afghan Kebab Restaurant787 9th Avenue, New York, NYrecommended Ariana Afghan Kebab RestaurantThis tiny little place is fantastic. I've tried a few other Afghani restaurants and have never been impressed. Ariana has reignited my interest in Afghani cuisine. Don't let the "kebab" in the name, ... read morethrow you off. There are plenty of other options on the menu, including good vegetarian food. The Kadoo Bolanee is a personal favorite. Staff are very friendly. Decor is cozy. This restaurant draws people from all over Manhattan. An eclectic mix of people.
- Amy's Bread672 9th Ave # 1, New York, NYrecommended Amy's BreadAmy's is solid but when it comes to cupcakes, I don't think she delivers. If you like the sweetness of butter cream, grab your cupcakes at Billy's. Amy's has decent cookies, brownies and sandwiches. ... read moreNothing to write home about but definitely the preferred bakery in Hell's Kitchen.
- Sullivan Street Bakery533 W 47th St, New York, NY 10036-7903, United Statesrecommended Sullivan Street BakeryDelicious breads, pizzas and olive oil. The house olive oil is exceptional and a great value. Worth the short walk from the 9th Avenue restaurants. The seating area is limited but the baked good are ... read moreexceptional.
- Industry Bar355 W. 52nd St. , New York, NY
- Therapy348 W 52nd St, New York, NY
- Totto Ramen366 West 52nd Street, New York, NY 10019recommended Totto RamenRecommended for:
- Vynl754 9th Avenue, New York, NY
- Nizza630 9th Avenue, New York, NY 10036, United Statesrecommended NizzaThis is the second time here- first time had to be about 5 years ago. I remembered it being good, so decided it was a good choice for New Year's Eve dinner since we were going to a club nearby. Got ... read morethere about 7 with 7:30 reservations. Hostess said table was about to leave and would be ready soon. We waited by the bar. 7:20 I inquire about the table and told that they are still at table despite having paid the bill and there 3 hours already. (There are still open tables.) 7:40 we are finally seated. Waitress acknowledged our wait. Takes drink order and brings wine promptly. Takes appetizer and dinner order. Appetizer seemed to take a little while. I got the Socca, a chickpea bread/pancake laced with Sage. It was tasty. As we are having appetizer, bread along with ricotta in olive oil finally arrives at the table. My main dish, Chicken Milanese was prepared perfectly. Based on the service experience above (which was not horrible) I was almost inclined to take off a star. However, they are friendly, the food is good and I'll probably go back.
- 5 Napkin Burger630 9th Avenue, NY
- The Colbert Report513 W 54th St, New York
- Lansdowne Road599 10th Avenue, New York, NY 10036-3008, United States
- Distrikt Hotel New York City, an Ascend Collection hotel342 West 40th Street, New York City, NY 10018