Art Series - The Blackman
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%Business Travelers
- 98%Luxury Travelers
- 98%Art & Design Lovers
Member Reviews (2)Write a review
- Art Series - The BlackmanFirst to Review
The lobby of the Blackman clearly reveals the hotel’s status as one of the city’s three Art Series hotels (the others being the Cullen and the Olsen). The walls are adorned with a dizzying array of the works of Australian artist Charles Blackman. Beyond the entryway, the hotel proudly displays Blackman’s largely bunny-themed art around every corner of the modern property. The hotel’s amenities—including small fitness area—are modest, but the guestrooms are chocked full of charm. The hotel also rents out smart cars and bicycles to guests, which can be nice for a ride through the neighboring gardens and large parks. The location is directly adjacent to a tram stop and a couple of km from the heart of downtown.Recommended for:
- Art Series - The Blackman
A sister hotel to the Olsen, The Blackman is part of the “Art Series,” a group of hotels intended to showcase the work of certain Australian artists by marrying their decor with an artist’s aesthetic. This hotel features 670 digitally reproduced prints of Charles Blackman’s work and is certainly darker in tone than the Olsen – for instance, the gym has features a large, black and white picture of a stone-faced girl jumping rope which would look more at home in a Tim Burton movie. The hotel itself though is a very interesting change of pace for those tired of faceless 5-stars, and character is always welcome. It should be noted that the hotel is in the middle of St Kilda road, which is a very quiet location that at 3km from the CBD is pushing it for centrality, though given tis roughly equidistance from St Kilda and Flinders Street Station just might make it the perfect location for the visitor who wants to soak up every side of Melbourne. Be advised that the guest pool is actually located at the Olsen.
Excellent!1725 reviews across the web.
- This is a wonderful design hotel, as guests say.
- Guests recommend this as a luxury hotel.
- LocationNear to public transport, according to 96%.
- Ambiance96% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Service94% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel92% thought it was clean.
- Restaurant82% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Hotel BuildingVery nice building.
Dining options at Art Series The Olsen include a restaurant. Room service is available 24 hours a day. Recreational amenities include an outdoor pool and a fitness facility. The property's full service health spa has body treatments, massage/treatment rooms, facials, and beauty services. This 5.0 star property offers small meeting rooms, secretarial services, and a technology helpdesk. Wireless and wired high speed Internet access is available in public areas (surcharges apply). This South Yarra property has 40 square feet of event space consisting of conference/meeting rooms. The property has a complimentary area shuttle which runs to destinations within 5 km. Business services, limo/town car service, and tour/ticket assistance are available. Guest parking is available for a surcharge. Additional property amenities include valet parking, a concierge desk, and multilingual staff. This is a smoke free property.
There are 229 guestrooms at Art Series The Olsen. Guestrooms have city views. Beds come with pillowtop mattresses, signature
Notifications and Fees:
- This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties.
- There are no room charges for children 12 years old and younger who occupy the same room as their parents or guardians, using existing bedding.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.
- Self parking: AU$ 20 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking: AU$ 35 per night
- In room high speed Internet (wired): AU$ 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- In room wireless Internet: AU$ 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Rollaway bed: AU$ 60 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Room Service