Astor House Hotel
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%History Buffs
- 90%Local Culture
- 70%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (3)Write a review
- Astor House HotelMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsWellness+ 4
The mid-19th century grand architecture and perfect location made this place a welcome respite in busy Shanghai, but add in a great breakfast cafe, a convivial wifi lounge and a hair salon with inexpensive massages, and it gets bumped up to five stars. You know how you get bored of a hotel after a few days? I stayed here for a week and a half leading around a group of future travel writers, and we never got bored.
- Astor House HotelMember ofFoodiesLocal CultureHistory BuffsAdventure Travelers
Astor House, also knows as the Pujiang Hotel, enjoys a great location just off The Bund across Waibaidu Bridge, making it a two minute walk to reach The Bund. The hotel belongs to the group of hotels that had their hayday in the swingin' 1920s. Everywhere inside the hotel you'll see pictures of the hotel and surroundings back then.
The rooms are fine, but try to stay clear of the back wing. Breakfast is adequate in a beautiful ball room. For budget travellers who want to stay near The Bund this is a great option.Recommended for:
- Astor House HotelMember ofFoodiesLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 9
The Astor House is definitely a stay in history. Tall ceiling hallways and rooms, a creak in the floor boards, a walk over the bridge from the Bund. I enjoyed a pleasant stay as I fancy Shanghai with a measure of nostalgia and history. If you're into a peek into the past, I'd stay here for a night.
This hotel doesn't win a star above my three because it doesn't have much to walk to as far as food is concerned. You'll be taxi dependent. It has its novelty but there are more conveniently located places to stay in Shanghai.Recommended for:
Very Good!1333 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for budget travelers.
- PriceExcellent value for money, said 100%.
- Hotel93% thought it was clean.
- Location90% liked the proximity to sightseeing.
- Service77% found the staff to be very friendly.
- AmbianceAcceptable entertainment, said 69%.
- RoomFor only 58%, the bathroom was ok.
- Business Center
- Room Service
- Data Ports
- TV In Room
- Air Conditioning
- Electronic Room Keys
- In-House Bar
- Meeting Rooms
- In-House Dining
- Wake Up Service
- Mini Bar In Room