Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Business Travelers
- 80%History Buffs
- 80%Art & Design Lovers
- 66%Luxury Travelers
User Reviews (4 Reviews)
- Athenee Palace Hilton BucharestAmbassadorMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4Dec 12, 2013
One of the best hotel stays in Bucharest. Centrally located in the heart of Romania's capital, at the corner of Calea Victoriei, the Athénée Palace historic luxury hotel dates back from 1912 when it was first designed by French architect Theophile Bradeau. It was arguably known during the World War II as Europe's most notorious den of spies. In 1948, the hotel was nationalized by the new Communist government, who famously bugged every room, tapped every phone, and staffed the entire hotel with informers. The government-run Athénée Palace closed in 1994 and was bought at auction by Hilton International, who proceeded to do a $42 million renovation and expansion, reopening the hotel as the Athénée Palace Hilton Bucharest in 1997. Hilton expanded the hotel to nearly twice its former size, transforming it into the splendid hotel that it is today.
- Athenee Palace Hilton BucharestMember ofLocal CultureLuxury TravelersFirst to ReviewJul 05, 2012
This is an excellent hotel right in the center of the city. The rooms were great and the facility is top notch. Breakfast was great and the executive lounge was one of the best. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
Outstanding!921 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this as a luxury hotel.
- Guests recommend this hotel for business travelers.
- Wellness/Sportstop-notch fitness area, thought 100%.
- Service98% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel93% thought it was clean.
- Location92% enjoyed the nightlife nearby.
- Hotel BuildingConference area was excellent, according to 91%
- Food90% found the breakfast to be wonderful.