Atlantic City and the New Jersey Shore Travel Guide
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 87%Nightlife Lovers
- 75%Local Culture
- 75%History Buffs
- 74%Adventure Travelers
Member Reviews (27)Write a review
- Atlantic City and the New Jersey ShoreMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 11May 20, 2014
This sorta cheesy sorta ironically cool destination is perfect for east coast Student Tribe members looking for a party and cheap beer. Rent a house 'down the shore' and discover the retro fun mini-golf games and bars lighting up the night.Recommended for:
- Atlantic City and the New Jersey ShoreMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 6First to ReviewFeb 01, 2014
Born and raised on the Jersey Shore it's where I'm from for better or worse! With the recent popularity of the reality TV show I can't escape hearing about my little corner of the world even when I'm all the way on the other side of the planet! I certainly come from a place of colorful characters and I can see why we make for good entertainment! But in all seriousness New Jersey and especially the shore have a lot of great things to offer!Recommended for:
- Atlantic City and the New Jersey ShoreMember ofLocal CultureFoodiesWellness+ 2Nov 12, 2013
My grandparents own a beach house right next to the ocean city boardwalk and my family would always visit in the summers. I have the best memories of walking along the boardwalk, playing minigolf, eating all the treats, and going on the carnival rides. The surf also gets pretty decent and I would spend most of my days jumping between the boardwalk and the beach.Recommended for:
- Atlantic City and the New Jersey ShoreMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6Oct 26, 2013
Even though it's the seventh smallest state in the US, New Jersey enjoys one of the longest coastlines of sandy beaches in America. The Jersey Shore runs from Sandy Hook, eight miles due south from Manhattan, to Cape May. Along the way you find sheltered inlets, popular beaches, bars, nightclubs, boardwalks and even casinos. This is the land that has inspired the songs of artists from Tom Waits to Bruce Springsteen (who was born in Freehold and still sometimes shows up at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park).Recommended for:
- Atlantic City and the New Jersey ShoreMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 13Jun 17, 2013
Atlantic City and the Jersey Shore are iconic for different reasons. I wouldn't say that either are absolute must sees, but if you are living in the Mid-Atlantic region it is probably worth your time to check out the area
- Atlantic City and the New Jersey ShoreMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget TravelersBusiness Travelers+ 4Nov 17, 2012
Both a endless relaxing strip of sandy east coast shoreline, and a bastion of fake nails, dripping hair gel, tanning salons, and cheesy tattoos. A classic fractile of Americana and a trashy place without a draw.
Trips that include Atlantic City and the New Jersey Shore
By tehmina bera
By Peter Lau
Recently Reviewed Hotels in Atlantic City and the New Jersey Shore
- 3 months ago
"A really cool place. In the middle of the casino they have a pool..."
- More Atlantic City and the New Jersey Shore hotel reviews