Au79 Tea House

815 West Naomi Avenue , Arcadia, California

• Au79 Tea HousePro 2014
    MzShanon
    3 May 15, 2014

I came here a couple months ago as a mystery shopper. They gave me free vouchers for food and drinks so I was able to sample a variety of the items on the menu. The drinks were decent and the pink boba was delicious! But my bf and I ended up waiting around 45 minutes for our food to arrive. Nobody came to assist us until I asked if they can check on our food. We found out that the kitchen didn't get our order slip and therefore lagged on cooking our food. The beef noodle soup and Taiwanese noodles we ordered were mediocre, but the popcorn chicken was juicy and really tender. I probably won't come back for the food but the drinks are alright. Also props to our server Will, he was really accommodating and apologetic for the mistake that the kitchen made and wanted to make it up to us by covering the rest of our meal after we redeemed the vouchers.

Pam Ella
    3 Apr 25, 2014

My usual: "Rose Milk Tea, large, light on ice, mini boba." AU usually adds the perfect amount of sweetness so I don't have to ask for half sweet. Their teas are freshly brewed and the only thing on the menu that is made with powder is the powdered milk in the milk teas.

pros:
    free WIFI
    plenty of outlets
    friendly customer service
    outdoor seating
    plenty of parking

cons:
    not the best for studying if you need some quiet

random promotions/special events:
    bike night
    open mic night
    random promotions - Last winter the employees went around taking pictures of patrons, took less than 5 minutes to develop it and put it in a paper photo frame and gave everyone a copy. Times like these are when I regret running out of the house in PJ's, not looking my best. Super random, but now I have a keepsake of me and my 5-7 friends.

They used to do 10% student discount but the other week when I was there they discontinued this however there are new promos -

promos as of today:
    Free drink size upgrade if you order to-go
    20% off a drink when you buy any appetizer
    Happy Hour from Monday-Thursday 4pm-8pm free drink size upgrade, free size upgrade for tempura, crispy chicken & sweet potato Fries.
    Student ID promos (choice of 3 different combo meals for $6.99)

AU is kicking out patrons after a 2 hour limit and blocking off outlets.

• Au79 Tea HousePro 2014
    Trinity
    5 Jan 10, 2014

One of the best tea houses in San Gabriel Valley. Perfect tasting boba - slightly sweet and chewy without being overcooked or slimy. Fun hangout for groups. Monthly specials are posted on their Facebook page. For the motorcycle enthusiasts, check out their monthly bike night.

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodiesStudentsTrendsters
    Lisa
    3 Jul 08, 2013

I ordered a Rose Ooolong Tea and it was true to the tea flavor. I ordered it with no sugar and it was excellent with the pink boba. Highly recommended for boba in the 626.

Yulree Chun "@GogobotLA"
    3 Jan 04, 2013

This tea house had a pretty large selection of drinks!! I walked in thinking they'd be small but it is quite spacious indoors! It's nice that they have a patio as well. The food looked tasty but the only vegetarian option was fried tofu. What can you expect, right? Overall, a great experience.
    I really like that you have 3 different sugar options (light, half, quarter)!

Updated review: their shaved ice is pretty bomb. I do have to take off a star for really bad service!

Recommended for:Vegetarian
    Albert Chen
    5 Sep 07, 2012

I've been a regular at Au79 since it opened. The place is well equipped with wall sockets and has free WiFi available.

娟 何
    4 Nov 30, 2012

This is a great chilling place!!!

710 people visited Au79 Tea House