Augustiner Bräustuben

Landsbergerstraße 19, Munich, BY 80339 Germany

Rocío Abad
    4 Jul 11, 2014

They offer very good dishes and the prices are not expensive. The beer is also very good and I would definitely recommend a maß of weiß Bier. Lecker!!

Recommended for:Nightlife Lovers
  • Augustiner BräustubenPro 2014
    Rich Carriero
    4 Jul 07, 2014

I'm a little thrown off by the map because I remember having beer and pretzel at an Augustiner in the streets behind the Frauenkirche church. My wife and I sat outside and enjoyed the quiet of the neighborhood mingled with occasional footsteps on the cobblestones.

Recommended for:FoodiesHistory BuffsLocal CultureNightlife Lovers
    Stephen McLachlan
    1 May 20, 2014

Just got back from a visit with a group of students to Munich and two trips to the Braustuben. Very Very disappointed with the appalling way we were treated and the poor service. we had booked for a group of 40 and had a confirmation of 4 tables for 10. On the first trip, we were sitting at 3 tables with 13 or 14 to a table for 10 and they pressurised us to finish and leave. We were promised that our next visit would not be as squashed or as rushed.
    The following visit was worse - we were given our 4 tables, the head chef then came over, said they are only students and he wanted to split one table and divide it among the others. When I refused, he tried to sit other people at our tables amongst our group. When we challenged him, he replied that they are only students, there were other large tables with only 5 or six people on elsewhere, but he made no attempt to sit these people who had not booked, at any other table. I travel throughout Bavaria regularly, and have always been made very welcome by very friendly people, when we complained, he said "welcome to Bavaria". My wife is Bavarian and we have never had an experience like this!
    When I informed him that if that was how he treated customers, I would not be returning again, he informed us that he didn't want us to return.
    He tried on several other occasional to sit other people at our tables, despite having been told that I would not accept it. He did manage to slip 3 people onto out table furthest from me, they did not look as if they enjoyed their meal but wouldn't move.
    During the course of the meal, we had several arguments with the guy. He was extremely rude and arrogant and did not appear to be bothered whether we enjoyed our experience, he was just interested in cramming people in to make money. Several people walked out in disgust at this treatment and one of our waiting staff supported us and told him that his ideas were outrageous.
    Our other waiter, then argued with us over the bill and started another argument when I told him I would not leave a tip due to poor service.
    Because the waitress didn't speak English, despite booking and English group in, we were provided with a waitress who didn't speak English which resulted in us writing down the order. The other waiter did speak English but after we refused to have other people sat at the table, he refused to speak to us.
    When we came to leave, he thought it funny to insult us.
    This is definitely, the worse place I have ever been to and I find the Hofbrauhaus offers much better food and service ~ our evening there was excellent.

Olive
    5 Aug 25, 2012

You have to go there!!!!! I believe this is the beer you need to taste! I don't drink Beer but I had a wheat Radler and it was great.
    And the food was absolutely awesome...Sampler plates, crispy duck, crispy knuckles, etc... I hate like a pig :) Add the potato pancakes as a side dish!
    It was packed but since it was early, I was able to get a corner of a family style table. I would get a reservation if you can.
    Truly the ultimate Munich experience. I had fun even alone...

John Pfeiffer

The Braustuben, as we call it is a great beer hall to meet locals and have one of the best beers in the world. I spend afternoons here in winter and just talk to people as they come and go throughout the day. great CHEAP food, bavarian fare. try the schweinhaxen it is the german version of Carnitas on the bone.

AndrewDThorpe
    4 Oct 16, 2013

Very nice Bierkeller in the centre of Munich. Well worth a visit.

Recommended for:FoodiesNightlife Lovers
    Basi Burger
    4 Dec 16, 2012

Good restaurant with a good beer

Du côté de chez Slug
    3 Aug 17, 2012

good food and good beer but not like HB or Paulaner, there r better place in munich

Robert Fretschner

Quite authentic, good food and reasonable prices.

249 people visited Augustiner Bräustuben