Avalon Reef Club Isla Mujeres
Member Reviews (2)Write a review
- Avalon Reef Club Isla MujeresApr 04, 2013
On my first visit to Isla, I didn't go to this side of the island where Avalon Reef Club is sitting on, you must visit this area. The hotel is sitting on its own island, there is a bridge to the hotel from the street where Na Balam hotel is situated. In front of this hotel, there is a small lagoon where you can snorkel. It is an outdated hotel with very simple facilities. Nothing fancy but the area is beautiful.
- Avalon Reef Club Isla MujeresMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 2First to ReviewJul 24, 2012
Location, location, location. Avalon sits on its own sandy island 50 meters from Isla Mujeres, accessed by a footbridge.
It has a beautiful sheltered lagoon on one side, calm bay waters on two sides, and open rocky shore with a fantastic tidal sitting pool on the fourth side. They also have a hotel pool, but with that much fantastic beach available it's hard to even remember the pool is there.
The restaurant and bar is good, and convenient, but Isla Mujeres has so much great food fun bars it's hard to limit oneself to the hotel's offerings. Probably very useful for folks who would rather stay in one spot, as the walk into town is maybe a mile or so.
I love nothing more than donning a snorkel mask and fins and just drifting around the lagoon looking for shells and annoying the little sand rays with my presence. It's what a beach vacation should be.
Mediocre500 reviews across the web.
- PriceExcellent value for money, said 100%.
- Location98% enjoyed the restaurants & bars nearby.
- BeachBeach sports facilities are great, according to 86%.
- Hotel76% thought it was clean.
- RestaurantThe price was ok for 68%.
- GroundsPleasant grounds.
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Free Parking
- Swimming Pool