Bacchanal Buffet

Caesars Palace Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89109

Kim L. "Lady Boss"
    5 Mar 07, 2013

This is the KING of buffets!! 25,000-square-foot buffet extravaganza.

It is SO worth it to eat here. =) Lines can get long here so get here early.

So many varieties of different foods here that its unbeatable & unbelievable.

9 live stations (chefs cook it live): seafood, Asian, Mexican, Italian and dessert, that present hundreds of daily items.

My faves:

Shrimp jumbo cocktails so fresh & delicious 11pts

Sea bass so buttery & flavorful 11pts

King crab legs - be sure to ask them to steam them if u like them warm.

Oyster shooters so delicious 11 pts

Seafood & Chinese station was great.

Italian & meat station was ok.

Creme brulee was very yummy & not too sweet 9pts

Mochi ice cream was yummy 8 pts

Gelato station was so delicious w/ so many delicious flavors to choose from (you can sample each one of the flavors if you like. =) 10 pts

Dark Chocolate dipped strawberries were huge but not sweet. =( 7pts

Deserts looked very pretty & there was a huge variety but the flavors were off.

Wicked Spoon's desserts are better.

Service is great here. =)

FYI, if you sign up for their rewards card you will get a discount for this buffet with that card here.

Open daily.

5 Nov 28, 2013

Best in vegas!

Queenie Ito
    5 May 20, 2014

This is my number 1 favorite Vegas buffet. The only place I'm ok with waiting in a line. Although, I do admit I'm pretty irascible while waiting in the long lines for dinner, all my irritations and anger fly out the window once I'm inside roaming the different selections. Whoever decided that all portions should be small and cute here, is a genius. It's the way buffets should be, you get to "sample" all the different foods with much less waste and space [in your tummy]. Everything offered is amazing and well worth the wait and price. Every single time.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersLocal CultureLuxury Travelers
  • Bacchanal Buffet
    Karyne Joseph
    5 May 17, 2014

Just amazing food. The best buffet I've ever had. It's about $55 a person for dinner. Tip: go closer to the end of lunch and you'll be there for dinner too. Lunch: $35. Be prepared to stay awhile. Leave your belt in the hotel room. You won't need it.

Grace C.
    5 Apr 09, 2014

I have to say, good job Ceasers for FINALLY making a buffet that *should* be in a place like yours. I've been wanting to go since it was announced that they were even making it and then the reviews came out. But the last time I was in Vegas, they had just opened, and it was NYE weekend so we didn't even venture to the strip (I was staying with a friend who lives in Vegas). But this time, we were staying across the street. There was NO WAY I was going to miss out.

Dinner during the weekend is about $55, Sunday Brunch was $45. I think. You get like a dollar or two off with your Total Rewards membership card.

There is a virtual queue - you will see the computers set up. Make sure to go up and pull a ticket. This will tell you when to come back to get back in line to pay and then get seated. There are NO SIGNS for this or anyone telling you to do it. I'm sure it's not as crazy during the week but on the weekends, this is a must.

When my friend and I were there Friday night pretty late and we had NO problems getting in. We didn't even know about the virtual queue. But on Saturday when we returned with more friends, we were denied entry and it was only 730pm. They had already filled up their virtual queue and were not letting anyone else get in line. It was basically sold out. We had talked to a lady in line and she said that they were there at 6, got a ticket and it said to come back at 8. The buffet closes at 1030pm. Since we were hungry, we left and went to another place for dinner.

However, we did return Sunday for brunch before we left town.

Now on to the food!

There are several stations:

Seafood - oysters on the half shell, crab legs (cold and warmed up with hot water at request), shrimp, and various other seafood dishes. There is a warm drawn butter machine for you!

Italian - pizza, pasta, meatballs and a made to order pasta station

Asian - an assortment of dim sum items (buns, shumai, etc) plus the usual chinese fare - kung pao chicken, chow mein, fried rice etc. also had some pad thai and some other meat options that I don't remember. A small assortment of sushi (there was definitely more fish on the sushi during dinner than brunch) There is also a noodle station to order where you can get udon, pho or ramen.

Carving station - there is so much meat here, your head will spin. Prime Rib, baby back ribs, smoked brisket, smoked turkey, a variety of sausage links, lamb chops. During brunch, they had more sausage varieties, but I had to wait until it was closer to lunch time to get some brisket and ribs. I asked the guy carving and he went in the back and got them. I had turkey on Friday dinner but they had run out of the brisket (since we were close to closing time). Both were really good.

Mexican - you can get tacos to order. There was also beans, rice, carnitas, machaca, chicken, a salsa bar and a juice bar.

American - I don't know what else to call this area - it's where they have the mashed potatoes, veggies, mac and cheese, etc. They didn't have any fried chicken when we were there for dinner, but at brunch they had it to go with waffles. There were sweet potato tots, roasted potatoes, french fries. I think i seriously had a plate of potatoes. There were even baked potatoes available. Mini sliders (which we were sure they had been sitting for a while) were a little dry.

Salad bar - I didn't venture too much here - but there was a variety of salads and dressings you could get. There was also a lot of fruit, a variety of cheese and cured meats. And a huge area with a variety of bread.

Dessert - There is a gelato bar with some interesting flavors, crepes to order with plenty of whipped cream, berries, bananas foster and nutella to your hearts content. During dinner there were macaroons and chocolate covered strawberries but they didn't have it when we were there during brunch. There is the usual variety of cakes, cookies, brownies, and creme brulee as well.

I'm sure I missed all sorts of things. The food was pretty amazing. There were a few things that we didn't like, but for the most part it was really good. I mean - we went twice in a weekend ! Definitely will be back.

Richard
    4 Jul 07, 2014

Admission Price
    *Breakfast (Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 11 a.m.): $25.99
    *Brunch (Saturday - Sunday, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.): $40.99
    * Lunch (Monday - Friday, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.): $32.99
    * Dinner (Daily, 3 p.m. - 10 p.m.): $45.99 on weekdays, $50.99 on weekends
    * Holiday expect to paid $10 more.
    * Total Reward Card Holder gets $1 off.
    * Price not included the 8.1% sales tax.

Atmosphere
    The interior is similar to those of mid-level restaurant, they claim it cost 17 million that might not felt like it perhaps they included all the equipment and kitchen tools in to the cost. There is a lot of seating, but do not count it those do not mean anything during dinner and weekend which can get full very quick. The dessert section is separate counter from the rest of the food.

Customer Service
    We got assign an individual server, at first she was helpful but quickly kind of forgot our table. This was not during a weekday lunch so is not busy; there is was still several table empty. Imagine in dinner or weekend, the service might be worst. The nicest thing is that they did not enforce the 2 hours eating time limit as they normally do in a busy time. During peak hours, you would need to get an estimated waiting time in a kiosk machine,

Beverage
    You can to choose variety of juice and coffee. Some yelper was right that the juice they serving were no longer freshly squeezed, but instead are concentrate and probably are pre-made package. At this price tag, they should had keep the fresh juice instead of during the cheap way. I was told that the Mexico Section would had fresh juice and Hocharta but never came out.

Breakfast
    The item in the breakfast was the best part of the hot food section I think. The typical American favorite food like Scramble Egg and Fried Chicken are just perfect in term of texture and flavor. The dim sum was disappoint, it tasted like those cheap takeout place.

Seafood
    At this price they don't had crab leg for lunch, I heard Aria is the only in the strip serve and are like $5 cheaper. I can settle with no crab leg as long the other item in the seafood make up for it. However, it failed to impress me at all. The got the jumbo shrimp cocktail, looks good but tasted plain. Probably the worst jumbo shrimp I've tasted. The oyster was small and wasn't much flavor either, lack freshness. The smock salmon was not that great either, they got three version and all were no good. Sushi was ok, I like the sushi rice it was authentic one, however the tuna wasn't good. But salmon was alright. There was no specialty or hand roll here.

Noodle Section
    Skip this one, it was the worst section in the buffet I think. They use pre-packed noodle, not even the good kind. I try their Ramen, they use nissin kinds of noodle. The broth was supposed to be Tonkotsu it tasted more like Shoyu. There was tiny slice of chashu. If they wanted to had this type of item, better get it right. The pho was slight better but still no even close to the real Pho you can from any shop in L.A.

Meat Section
    I tried their sausage and beef ribs, it was mediocre at best. The person that cutting the meat is cool with smile. There was no lamb chop for lunch, but they do serve prime ribs. The best food in the hot section were the sliders, those were mouthwatering. I should had get more of those. I think the burger were prime meat it was extreme flavorful. Actually, it tasted better than the Gordon Ramsey Hell Burger, which later I eat that night. The made to order taco wasn't good. It tasted like king taco and other cheap taco place.

Dessert Section
    * They dessert has variety of food but nothing really won me over except one item. Their made to order crepes were the best dessert easily. Fresh and with the right texture, I added the ice cream which was heavenly match. Their Crème brûlée was too watery.

Fruit and Salad
    They were pretty good in general, Large selection of salads. You won't get disappoint here. Just wish they were more fruits.

My 2 Cents
    To be honest I am debating giving this 4 or 3 stars, I ended gave a four since there few dish were excellent and the best I had (Sliders, Crepes, Fried Chicken) . But many other dish were average and even bad.. The price is the problem, they need to better quality and included more crab leg or lamb chop to worth the price. I didn't get any food sickness after eating here over 2 hours which is a good sigh that the food is prepare it right.

Louisa M.
    4 Mar 25, 2014

Great googly moogly do I love this buffet. As a Vegas local I like to treat myself to a meal here several times a year. It's super expensive (over $100 for 2) so make sure you are super hungry before you get here.

I have noticed a decline in the offerings over the years: no more freshly carved ribeye, no more crab claws, no more delicate Italian pasta dishes, and green vegetables have been phased out with more cheap carby sides like corn and potatoes -- but it's still a great buffet with great quality food. The dessert station is a thing of beauty. You can try mochi, homemade ice cream, crepes, chocolate dipped strawberries, cheesecake pops and more. Oh nom nom nom. This is THE place I go when I want to blow my low carb eating plan. On my most recent visit I ate 3 baskets of the sweet potato tater tots all by myself. Be prepared to wait in a long line. Try to go at "off" times if you don't want to stand around forever. And Pepsi fans rejoice: no Coke products served here!

Verlisia
    4 Nov 21, 2013

I went to the 'use to be my favorite' Wicked Spoon buffet a few months ago in Vegas and I wasn't too thrilled. The food wasn't bad but no where near the quality in the earlier days before it got super popular. Sadly, the food does not justify the long wait anymore.

This time around I went to the Bacchanal instead and I was pleasantly surprised. Looks like Caesar's Palace really beefed up their game in the buffet competition. It isn't hard to see that they 'borrowed ' a lot of ideas from the popular Wicked Spoon. Most of the food is individually portioned and even give you these cute little rubber grip to hold the hot plates. Their raw seafood bar is the most impressive of all (among Ballagio, Wynn and Wicked Spoon). They exceeded in both variety and quality. It is not often you can find some decent crawfish cooked in Cajun seasonings. Raw oysters were fresh and sweet.

Bacchanal buffet have a lot to offer. You can find simple American fare, the usual meat craving station, as well as Mediterranean, Asian, Italian and whole bunch of International cuisine. Of course, they have a sinfully beautiful dessert station as well.

I enjoyed my meal. I think the quality is better than the Wicked Spoon and Wynn. The variety is better than the all time favorite Ballagio. If they could keep up with the quality, I have little reason to visit other buffet spots.

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodiesStudents
    Tina Nguyen
    5 Apr 17, 2013

Yup. The best buffet so far. Everything is mini-sized and there's a LOT of variety of foods. Mimosas were included ($45) and everything was delicious. Desserts were ok, but you can't compare: seafood, juices, asian, cheese plates, salads, pastas, taco bar, ramen/pho bar, pasta bar... See for yourself.

• Bacchanal Buffet
    Jessica Y.
    4 Feb 02, 2013

A plate of fancy desserts, a plate of carved meats & BBQ, while slurping a bowl of beef pho and tonkotsu ramen. Don't. f*ck. up. this. rotation.

Excited to see that Ceasars Palace was finally opening the doors of its highly anticipated $7 million buffet, Vegas buffets are very similar to one another (all equipped with seafood, carving station, fancy dessert station, etc). Generally, new buffets start off very well, so we jumped to try this before it begins to spiral down in quality (all buffets eventually do this).

Bacchanal seems to have adapted a lot of Wicked Spoon ideas like the brilliantly idiotic concept of individually plating items in dishes/pots/pans/mini-deep fryers so that items do not fit on your existing buffet plate
    (Why does fancy plating mean that we have to further frequently pace back and forth for more food?)
    But, all in all, the food at Bacchanal is a solid buffet competitor to Wynn, Cosmo, & Bellagio.

The perfect time to go to a Vegas buffet is right before lunch ends (2:30).
    (Props to Justin Y.)
    That way:
    1. You avoid peak rush hours and the death line wrapped around the corner.
    2. You pay for the lunch price, while dinner items are new and slowly filter in at stations. I.E Crab legs were were not offered for lunch, but appeared later during our meal
    3. Going out at night? Luckily for you, you had a late lunch/early dinner so you will feel like less of a whale in that tight dress.

Bacchanal Back-anal jokes aside, this place is recommended

Muy S
    3 Dec 22, 2012

What disappointed me at Bacchanal is that after you've waited in line to get in, you don't expect to have to wait some more, but unfortunately there are long lines for seafood, carved meat, tacos and gelato.

This resulted in me eating a little bit at a time, food getting cold while waiting, dreading going in line to get more food... My hunger went away but I didn't quite feel like I enjoyed my meal or ate as much as I could have.

Moreover, because there are lines at the popular stations, people are standing in front of all the food, and it's just troublesome to look around and ask people to move so you can look and grab food. It also means that a lot of the dishes stay under the heat lamp for a while because people can't easily see them, and the plates get burning hot.

OK, now as for the food: I really enjoyed the tacos. Not worth $50, but they were good! I only tried the steak, but they also have al pastor and chicken. Since you have to wait in line for these, I suggest getting many!

There were so many meats! I usually only get red meat (cuz it's worth more, ya knooow) so I got prime rib, rib eye, brisket, ribs and lamb chops. The prime rib and rib eye were too rare for my taste and kind of bland. I should've gotten the more cooked pieces, but I was not gonna wait in line again...
    The brisket and ribs were super smokey... dislike.
    The lamb chops were my favorite meat. Soft, flavorful, fatty!

There were many seafood dishes (fish, clam bake, mussels, lobster chowder), fresh oysters, cold and hot king crab, shrimp cocktail. The hot king crab was worth the wait! So meaty, and the legs are already cut in half so it's easy to eat. At that station, I also enjoyed the ceviche and gazpacho soup.

I had to rush through dessert because everyone was already done eating... but I still tried as many as possible! I loved the creme brulee and the chocolate creme brulee. The tiramisu was yummy! Macarons were the perfect texture, I had bites of the blueberry, orange, and pistachio flavors. Not a fan of orange flavor but the other two were good. I ate so many desserts I can't remember what else, but they were all so delicious. That was probably my favorite station hahaha
    I didn't get to try the crepes!

Overall, my expectations were too high but this is still a good buffet... so many choices and so many things I didn't get to try. but the inside wait is ridiculous and ruins everything -__- the timing, the temperature, less time to sit at the table and actually eat -___- losing one star there.
    better grab lots of the popular food and serve it family style at your table.

Outside wait was around 40 mins. We got there at 2:30pm, but later on for dinner time, the outside line was packed like crazyyyy.

Brunch ends at 3pm and includes unlimited mimosas. Come right before that time and get dinner food for the same price! $42 vs $50 for dinner. Bring your players card and get $1 off. I don't know if I would go back though, it is expensive... but worth trying if you come at the right time.

16 people visited Bacchanal Buffet