Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
- 98%Outdoor Enthusiasts
User Reviews (2 Reviews)
- Backpackers Vacation Inn and Plantation VillageFirst to ReviewOct 20, 2013
I'd give this place 2 stars, but since it's the only hostel on Oahu's North Shore, it'll squeak in at 3 stars. It's a scruffy crash pad for surfers and international backpackers, near some of the North Shore's legendary surf beaches. If you want a hostel outside of Waikiki or Honolulu, this is pretty much your only choice.
- Backpackers Vacation Inn and Plantation VillageMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget TravelersBusiness Travelers+ 4Apr 02, 2013
Well, given there is hardly any other options on the north shore, it is great. The location is perfect, right around the corner from Waimea, and walking distance (bout a mile) from Pipe and other crazy breaks and beaches. However, this place is surfy and a bit seedy, so you have to be flexible if you are going to stay. It is very likely you will have some super drunk party crews sharing the spot with you, so go with the vibe.
Very Good!104 reviews across the web.
- BeachWonderful beach. 100% of the guests loved it.
- Location100% appreciated the closeness to the beach.
- Ambiance100% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Service89% found the staff to be very friendly.
- HotelHotel is nice enough. 71% of guests mentioned it positively.
- GroundsPleasant grounds. 71% of guests gave positive comments.