Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (2)Write a review
- Baldwin HotelCommunity ManagerAmbassadorMember ofBackpackersLocal CultureFoodies+ 4
Located in Downtown San Francisco and just outside of Chinatown, the Baldwin Hotel has a great location for exploring the heart of urban SF. You can step outside and throw a stone at a restaurant (that is how close you are to them; I do not actually advise doing this). I also got the sense that they are well-equipped to handle Chinese-speaking guests. This is great to know if you happen to be of this demographic.
The building and its rooms are fairly dated. Service is good, but I would rate everything else as being acceptable and modest. Perhaps my favorite memory of the place was of the towels folded into cute little elephants, left on the beds of cleaned rooms. Bathrooms are very plain, as is the lobby and mostly everything else.
If you need a place with a killer location, this could be it. Just don’t expect the Ritz.
- Baldwin HotelFirst to Review
Great hotel. Just outside Chinatown very central location. Perfect for people who like visiting a city by foot (such as myself) everything is relatively close and the clerks were always helpful. Small rooms but clean and bed is made EVERY day. Would definetly return and recommend.
Good!1421 reviews across the web.
- Guests say it is the perfect hotel for a city trip.
- Guests recommend this hotel for budget travelers.
- PriceExcellent value for money, said 100%.
- Location99% liked the proximity to sightseeing.
- Service96% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel93% thought it was clean.
- Restaurant63% were unsatisfied with the breakfast.
- Room63% said rooms were small.
- Data Ports
- TV In Room
- Hair Dryer
- Clothing Iron
- Wake Up Service