Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 69%Budget Travelers
- 69%Family Travelers
- 60%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 51%Business Travelers
- 51%Local Culture
- 51%Luxury Travelers
Member Reviews (6)
- Balmer's HerbergeMember ofBackpackersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 4Apr 11, 2013
Balmer's is the center of action when it comes to backpacking in Interlaken. I stayed in a dorm room, and it was clean and comfortable, and felt secure. They also have more private rooms. With the constant flow of people in and out, you're gaurnteed to make new friends, get the best intel from "old timers" who came for a few days and stayed for a season, and also find folks just arrived to town who are anxious to find like-minded partners in crime for adventures.
Make sure to get out and go for a hike in the mountains!
- Balmer's HerbergeAmbassadorMember ofBackpackersOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 3First to ReviewJul 05, 2012
This hostel definitely has a lot of charm. It helps that it is located in the Swiss Alps and that it is designed like a chalet. While a little pricy for the hostel, the rooms are very clean and comfortable. I appreciated the lounge/shared spaces downstairs for a good place to unwind and the quietness of the hostel at night. The staff was helpful, but not the most friendly. This hostel attracted a wide range of demographics including college backpackers to couples in their 40's.
- Balmer's HerbergeNov 15, 2012
Probably one of the most fun hostels on the planet - filled with backpackers looking for an adrenaline rush by day and a beer buzz by night. It has a great swiss cabin feel and makes Switzerland seem slightly affordable.
- Balmer's HerbergeMember ofBackpackersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 9Nov 27, 2012
Beautiful hostel. They have clean rooms and great staff. Everything in Switzerland is going to cost a little more and the hostel is no exception. The night life in Interlaken is not the greatest, enjoy the outdoor activities here
- Balmer's HerbergeMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFamily Travelers+ 1Jan 22, 2014
Definitely better than the average hostel. They have a relaxation room full of hammocks! Good food and rooms at a good price, and all the usual amenities.
Very Good!680 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a good hotel for travelers who want to party.
- Location95% liked the proximity to shopping.
- Service92% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Ambiance87% were fond of the entertainment options.
- PricePrice is reasonable. 76% of guests gave positive feedback.
- Hotel75% thought it was clean.
- Food71% found the breakfast to be wonderful.