Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 70%Local Culture
- 69%Budget Travelers
- 59%Luxury Travelers
- 59%Adventure Travelers
Member Reviews (10)Write a review
- Bar PompiMember ofTrendstersLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 7Feb 04, 2014
This is a tiramisu ninja bar masquerading as an everyday Italian get your coffee and cornetto bar. Definitely, definitely worth a special trip - the tiramisu is a great gift to bring to dinner parties, as all Romans know (and revere) it. If you're an American tired of the shlumpy, dumpy, totally ubiquitous tiramisu at every stateside Italian restaurant, Pompi will make you realize why the stuff became so popular in the first place.Recommended for:
- Bar PompiCommunity ManagerAmbassadorMember ofTrendstersLocal CultureFoodies+ 4Feb 04, 2014
Tips for ordering tiramisu at Pompi (for Americans):
(1) Figure out if you want to eat inside or have it to-go. If dining inside, head to the tables and jump to (4).
(2) If to-go, pay for it at the cassa.
(3) Take the receipt to the bar.
(4) Select a variety: classic, Nutella, dark chocolate, mixed berry, strawberry or banana.
(5) Call a friend because one portion is big.
There are also take-a-number slips for those ordering pastries (and there are plenty of pastries and gelato flavors here). If you're taking the tiramisu to go, they have it prepackaged in a cute little Pompi box. Just note that you're not supposed to sit on the tables outside unless you want service.
- Bar PompiMember ofTrendstersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 11Jan 25, 2014
Tiramisu. Worth heading out of the city center for this. Only reason it's not 5 stars is because I didn't get to try other food and the people there were kind of jerks, but it's Rome and I didn't take it personally. The tiramisu is THE BEST!Recommended for:
- Bar PompiMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 11Sep 18, 2013
You really have to know about this place to find it. Tucked away behind Piazza Roma di Rè, it's a seemingly unassuming bar that just happens to serve the city's best tiramisu. Try the strawberry version for a special twist.Recommended for:
Aliases: Cafe Pompi, Caffe Pompi