Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Family Travelers
- 74%Adventure Travelers
- 74%Budget Travelers
- 74%Nightlife Lovers
User Reviews (6 Reviews)
- Barcelo Maya PalaceFirst to ReviewSep 13, 2013
Great place to travel with kids. We were upgraded to a room right next to the pool, which made everything really easy. The hotel as sold out, but didn't feel too crowded - never a problem getting a good seat at the pool as long as we went early, never a wait a the buffet, and a max 20 minute wait for one of the special restaurants.
- The pool is great, with a shallow end that's perfect for kids (our two girls are 3 and 5)
- Our kids loved the water park, great slides and sprinklers
- Rooms are nicely sized, and the couch/beds worked well for the kids
- Internet access is available for a fee, wired only in the room, but it worked fine
- Buffets are quite good, always good kid options, and usually one or two interesting options beyond the standard pasta/grill/salad bar
- Kids club is good option to get the kids out of the sun for a bit for a craft or activity, the counselors were (mostly) great and our kids looked forward to it every day
- Drinks flowed freely. Always easy to get a drink. The vibe at the pool bar was fun, but now rowdy
- Check in took quite a long time - it was nice to be upgraded, but we had to wait at least 30 minutes
- Check out was worse - we paid for late check out, and that put our check out time in the middle of check in for arriving guests, so we spent at least an hour in line
- The restaurants are very nice, but the food seems to be either the same as the buffet or not that great. The rooms are quite nice, and the service is sincere, but we often wished we had just gone to the buffet
Overall, it was a great break for us, and we'll be returning.Recommended for:Family Travelers
- Barcelo Maya PalaceSep 08, 2013
Stayed there in 2012, nice place and beautiful beaches. About an hours ride from Cancun airport. No matter where you stay, make sure the restaurants and theaters are air conditioned, otherwise you won't enjoy your meals nor the shows due to very high humidity and lots of mosquitoes.
Outstanding!1889 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests think this is a wonderful family hotel.
- BeachBeach sports facilities are great, according to 92%.
- Hotel92% thought it was clean.
- Ambiance89% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 88%.
- Location87% enjoyed the nightlife nearby.
- Hotel Building86% said the facilities were very new.