Barrel Aged Restaurant and Cocktail Bar
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Business Travelers
Member Reviews (1)
- Barrel Aged Restaurant and Cocktail BarMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6First to ReviewDec 07, 2013
A friend of mine who had previously been to Barrel Aged described it as a Walnut Creek restaurant that just happened to be in Martinez. I'll admit that a specialty cocktail place and upscale lounge restaurant (with prices to match) does seem a little odd here, especially at night when Main Street Martinez is a bit dark and lonely. Yet, last night presented a great opportunity to host a couple out-of-town work friends, check it out, and hang out.
- A bit of a "splurge"
- The Draft Beer selection doesn't match that of the specialty hard liquor or wine choices.
- Our food was slow coming out of the Kitchen
- Comfortable, relaxing, and welcoming environment. We sat in one of the roomy booths. That made for a great place to stay awhile and enjoy our conversations.
- Friendly and helpful table service.
- My glass of Speakeasy Prohibition Ale was excellent. No Yellow Beer Here!
- My Barrel Aged Burger (with Garlic Fries) was delicious and nicely presented. My colleagues also enjoyed their selections.
With Gayle's love of a Bombay Sapphire Martini and Barrel Aged food selection variety, and my preference for a burger and beer, we'll both be back for a future Date Night.