Basilique du Sacre-Coeur
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%History Buffs
- 86%Local Culture
- 80%Art & Design Lovers
- 77%Spiritual Seekers
- 65%Family Travelers
- 65%Budget Travelers
- 58%Luxury Travelers
Member Reviews (322)Write a review
- Basilique du Sacre-CoeurMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 2Aug 09, 2014
The Sacre Coeur is a beautiful church in Montmartre that provides a wonderful skyline view of Paris. The exterior and interior of the church is majestic to look at and is a visual apex after wandering around Montmartre.Recommended for:
- Basilique du Sacre-CoeurMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 4Jun 16, 2014
Definitely my favorite structure in all of Paris. Careful though... we paid 5 euro to go down and visit the crypt, went through a turnstile and found ourselves climbing 325 steps to the top of the dome. The view was absolutely worth it, but some warning would have been nice!Recommended for:
- Basilique du Sacre-CoeurCommunity ManagerAmbassador
- Basilique du Sacre-CoeurMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4Oct 12, 2013
This stunning masterpiece could almost be mistaken for the Taj Mahal. Overrun with tourists but a must-see. The views of Paris from the grounds are as much a draw as the basilica itself.Recommended for:
- Basilique du Sacre-Coeur
- Basilique du Sacre-CoeurMember ofLocal CultureFoodiesHistory BuffsArt & Design LoversAug 15, 2013
We did a Gothic church tour so Sacre Coeur built in the 1800s seemed disappointing in terms of its history and it is much more attractive on the outside than the interior. Nevertheless, the hilltop position affords some great views of Paris.Recommended for:
- Basilique du Sacre-CoeurMember ofLocal CultureFoodiesVegetarian+ 2Jul 25, 2013
Go early in the morning before the tour buses arrive in droves and the con artists mar the steps.
You'll be sitting there with locals including French grandmas, parishioners with jogging suits on and business people who have come to quietly pray before work. Take some time to sit and ponder the beautiful mosaic in the apse and enjoy the quiet and solitude. The view is amazing in the morning as well.Recommended for:
- Basilique du Sacre-CoeurMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget TravelersGreen TravelersJul 19, 2013
The Sacre-Coeur is a Roman Catholic church / basilica at the summit of Montmartre. It's gorgeous and sits on a hill in Montmartre making it a perfect place to see the whole city of Paris!Recommended for:
- Basilique du Sacre-CoeurMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBusiness TravelersJun 30, 2013
Построенный на вершине Монмартра собор потрясает и впечатляет! Деньги на его строительство собирали обычные парижане в память многочисленных жертв смутного времени парижской коммуны.
- Basilique du Sacre-CoeurAmbassadorMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 2Feb 09, 2013
A lot of folks head to Montmartre for the art and its bohemian history, but at the peak lies a beautiful church with a great view of the rest of Paris below. The interior is beautiful and it seems to be frequented for its original intention (mass) rather than just a museum of art history. More tourists flock outside the church for the view from the steps. The public bathrooms nearby are pretty gross, so empty your bladders before climbing up here!Recommended for:
- Basilique du Sacre-Coeur
- Basilique du Sacre-CoeurMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 4Dec 11, 2012
Really beautiful, although somehow I managed to find this spot the back way, so I missed the whole awe factor by not approaching from the front and coming up the stairs. Maybe next time.