Baxpax Downtown Hostel
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
- 60%Art & Design Lovers
- 55%Nightlife Lovers
- 51%History Buffs
Member Reviews (6)
- Baxpax Downtown HostelMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersWellness+ 4Mar 04, 2014
This place is a really great experience, especially for "just" a hostel. There are differently themed rooms, which is pretty cool, but also great service, a bar where guests like to hang, and clean, comfortable rooms. The location is also fantastic - just 2 minutes walk away from Friedrichstrasse, but still on a quiet off-street, so you can get some sleep as long as you're not chatting away with your fellow hostel-mates. I would definitely recommend this as a central, reasonably priced place to stay for your visit in Berlin.
- Baxpax Downtown HostelMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6Mar 04, 2014
baxpax is a fun and friendly hostel with service that greets you, smiling, when you walk in the door (as an American, I'm used to this in the States, but not nearly as much in Germany). They're also very helpful: even when I was just stopping by to visit friends in town, they were happy to let me charge my phone and use their wifi. There's also a well-stocked pub inside where the international crowd that stays there conglomerates before dispersing to the many nearby happenings. Baxpax is only a short walk from Friedrichstrasse, Berlin's main shopping street, and very centrally located. But it's tucked away on a quite side street, and spacious enough inside that guests don't feel cramped. Considered to be an "Art Hostel", each room also has an unique and quirky touch to it such as the "Underwater Room" and "Funky Room".
- Baxpax Downtown HostelMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 5Oct 28, 2013
Stayed here in November 2006. I had a single room for 34 EU a night with a private bathroom with a shower. I was happy with the location and the service and if I ever go back to Berlin, I will probably stay here again.
- Baxpax Downtown HostelFirst to ReviewJul 04, 2012
Baxpax Downtown is one of my favorite European hostels. Located on the outskirts of the Mitte neighborhood (known for its large student population and cutting edge fashion and cuisine), the hostel is a ten minute walk from the Reichstag, Brandenburg Gate, Museum Island and a whole slew of other landmarks. The hostel's bar is a great place to meet fellow travelers.
Baxpax is centrally located in the neighborhood of Mitte, and is within walking distance to Friedrichstrasse, one of Berlin's main shopping streets.
The hostel offers private single, double and triple rooms, as well...read more from baxpax.de
Excellent!1382 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for budget travelers.
- Guests recommend this hotel for business travelers.
- Hotel Building100% said the facilities were very new.
- Ambiance98% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- LocationNear to public transport, according to 98%.
- PriceExcellent value for money, said 98%.
- Hotel96% thought it was clean.
- Service92% found the staff to be very friendly.