Bay Point Wyndham Resort

Par 72 / 7100 yards

The Meadows Course Par 72 / 6913 yards

Rene
    3 Jul 05, 2012

Ever play hookey from work?

Ever play hookey from work while at work?

It was a Monday night and I was attending a company event. But it was also the same night as the 49er/Saints game. Now how do I get out of having to hang out with everyone on a night that I just want to sit in my room as watch my favorite team break my heart?

It's a long story, but I did get my wish and was in my room well before kickoff. So a night in my room and armed with a room service menu. Since I had a burger just the night before I thought it was best to go back to back so that I could scientifically make a comparison between the Tennessee and the Florida Panhandle version.

As I mentioned in my previous review, overcooked burgers are my nemesis. And a burger from room service is asking for trouble. But I ordered it anyway. When asked how I wanted my burger cooked, I closed my eyes and said "rare". "Will there be anything else?". Yeah! I noticed they had a NY Steak served with bernasie, is there anyway I could get a side of the bernaise? No problem the kind voice says and with that I waited for my burger to arrive.

I was warned that because it was prime dinner time, that it would take 40 minutes for my order to arrive. This would also add another road block to my burger arriving rare. But I'm a risk taker and just left it up to fate. Well as promised, 40 minutes later and 1/2 hour before kick off my burger arrived. It came topped with a wedge of fresh butter lettuce, ripe tomato, sharp cheddar cheese and a side of warm crispy fries. And of course my bernaise and ketchup! But it was now the moment of truth and I peeked into the middle of my burger. RED BLOOD came oozing out! YESSSSSSS!!! 5 stars for room service!

Anyway, now since the important stuff is out the way lets talk a little but about the resort and accommodations. The location is good, but not on the main beach and sits on the bay which is kind of a bummer. There is a small private white sand beach about a 10 minute walk away and they do have three or four pools. But if I am heading to this part of the country I want BEACH!

The rooms are spacious but are a bit dated. The televisions for example are the old clunky 1990's models. The only flat panel I saw was in the executive suite. Again, kind of a downer watching my 49ers lose in analog verses high definition.

Overall I did enjoy the resort, but being away from the white sandy beaches kind of stings. The pool areas are nice and the bartenders are well versed in creating their own versions of drinks.

Scott M
    3 May 27, 2013

36 holes. decent course

Fair899 reviews across the web.

• Guests think this is a family-friendly hotel.
  • Guests recommend this hotel for golfers.
  • Beach
    Beach sports facilities are great, according to 100%.
    Easily accessible by car, said 95%.
  • Food
    78% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
  • Grounds
    Pool was lovely, according to 76%.
    Hotel is nice enough.
    Price is tolerable.
Showing Lowest Prices

Situated near the airport, this Panama City Beach resort is also close to Nicklaus Course at Bay Point Resort. Another nearby attraction is St. Andrews State Park.

Features.
This Panama City Beach property has a private beach. Dining options at Bay Point Marriott Resort include a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Room service is available during limited hours. Recreational amenities include a golf

... read more
course. Also located on site are an outdoor pool, an indoor pool, a spa tub, and a fitness facility. The property's full service health spa has massage/treatment rooms and beauty services. This 3.5 star property has a business center and offers small meeting rooms, limo/town car service, and audio visual equipment. Wireless Internet access is available in public areas. This Panama City Beach property has event space consisting of banquet facilities, conference/meeting rooms, a ballroom, and exhibit space. Additional property amenities include a marina, a poolside bar, and a concierge desk. This is a smoke free property.

Guestrooms.
There are 356 guestrooms at Bay Point Marriott Resort. Guestrooms have balconies. Beds come with premium bedding. Refrigerators and coffee/tea makers are offered. Bathrooms feature shower/tub combinations, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers. In addition to complimentary weekday newspapers, guestrooms offer multi line phones with voice mail. Televisions have premium cable channels, video game consoles, and pay movies. Air conditioned rooms also include desks, ceiling fans, blackout drapes/curtains, and electronic check out. Guests may request a turndown service, hypo allergenic bedding, and wake up calls. Housekeeping is available. Guestrooms are all non smoking.

Notifications and Fees:

The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.

• Valet parking: US$ 15 per night

The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.

• Business Center