Beachwood BBQ

131 Main Street, Seal Beach, CA, United States

• Beachwood BBQ
    Petey Hsieh

I've always been a fan of Beachwood BBQ in Seal Beach. When the Long Beach location opened up, I was like heck ya! But I said that like a year ago! Guess I was never an early adopter. But the review is about the house brews, which you can get in either locations.

So since I was also a fan on their facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/…), I saw volunteers needed for bikefest Long Beach (http://www.bikefestlb.co…) and to volunteer for the Beer Garden.

Wait what?
    Beer & Volunteer? Word association never has it so good since Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

I got there early and met up with Ryan and Gina from DLBA, who were awesome by the way, and I got first dips on my choice of brewery. Well, I volunteered for the busiest booth which was Beachwood since all bike riders were eligible for a 12 oz beer from their bib ticket. I got to work with Rob, Jarrod, and Ivan, all terrific people. I got to meet Gabe as well, who was as laid back as I remembered.

In case you're wondering, this review is for their beer only. I got to sample 4 fantastic house brews.

El Verano-Belgian Style Saison , crisp refreshing, easy drinking, low alcohol. 6.7 ABV
    Knucklehead Red-American style red ale, not very complex, good beer for most people
    Pole Position-IPA they brewed for the Toyota Grand Prix. It was my favorite! Slightly bitter, smells of citrus, and refreshing.
    James Brown Ale-Brown ale with sweet aftertaste, I was in charge maybe 50% of the time pouring this beer for people. It was slightly nutty, but more sweet.

I haven't tried the food at the new location yet but from the beer alone, it was over the top! I'm an IPA drinker and most of the beer I drink are from San Diego. Now I can add this place to this list. I will make an effort to try and make it one of these days for happy hour so at least I can try some of the food. Thanks for the parking tip Ivan and thanks to Gabe for letting me help. I will update this review when I get to try the food but again, the beer alone , even without the microbrews from other places, makes it worth while IMO to come here.

• Beachwood BBQ
    Elena O
    5 Jul 18, 2013

*** take a quick drive or walk to a chain of places to eat

656 people visited Beachwood BBQ