Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 75%Luxury Travelers
- 75%Art & Design Lovers
- 63%Local Culture
Member Reviews (4)
- Beacon HotelMember ofLuxury TravelersHistory BuffsNightlife Lovers+ 2First to ReviewOct 29, 2013
Quintessentially South Beach, the Beacon is located right on Miami's famous Ocean Drive and directly across the street from the beach. The hotel is part of Miami's famous Art Deco district, and there was always action and pedestrian traffic right out front. The rooms are a bit small, but that seems to be standard for the area (Who spends that much time in a hotel room in Miami, anyway?). However, the rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are modern. There is also a great rooftop lounging area, perfect for taking in the Florida sun without getting all sandy. Moments away from all the best shopping, nightlife and restaurants, the Beacon served as the perfect base to explore all the area has to offer. Plus, the people watching on Ocean Drive is pretty spectacular.
- Beacon HotelMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersBusiness Travelers+ 7Oct 29, 2013
The Beacon has a similar regal art deco vibe compared to other hotels on Ocean Drive, but this hotel has an extra sparkle and poshness that makes it stand out among its peers. In particular, I loved the balcony in the lobby and the 20s modern décor. If you're a design aficionado the Beacon will be a delightful treat on the eyes. The rooms are well-furnished and immaculate and the room service is generous with daily fluffy towels and fresh sheets. Plus, it's right in the heart of South Beach, so you're literally steps away from the beach, restaurants, and nightclubs. Just watch out for the bar downstairs. A watered down vodka tonic will cost 25 bucks. You could chalk it up to tourist tax or avoid it altogether and find cheaper libations elsewhere.
Very Good!282 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a good boutique hotel.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Hotel99% thought it was clean.
- Location99% appreciated the closeness to the beach.
- Service95% found the staff to be very friendly.
- BeachWonderful beach. 91% of the guests loved it.
- Food90% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- PricePrice is reasonable. 72% of guests mentioned it positively.