Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Green Travelers
User Reviews (10 Reviews)
- Bear Flag Fish CompanyMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 2Oct 17, 2013
$2 panko fish tacos here on Taco Tuesday nights! This place has fresh and delicious fish prepared for you while you wait. You can also buy fish to take home to cook up too. Great place for good food but can be a little noisy.
- Bear Flag Fish CompanyMay 17, 2013
Bomb diggity! My quest for fresh poke on da mainland has finally paid off! It definitely stands up to the quality found on Hawaii! And with out the $500 airfare! They have a great selection of fresh seafood. And tons of nifty condiment sauces. They also have one of those lobster claw games! So fun!
- Bear Flag Fish CompanyOct 12, 2012
There are a few things I'd like to note if you're planning on making a pilgrimage to this amazing spot:
1. Expect a line. There are few times that I have been here, especially in the summer, when there hasn't been a line out the door. The staff here does a fairly adequate job of filling orders, but it gets pretty tight back there. You're likely going to be waiting like you're in a restaurant.
2. Notice the fish on the grill: They are cooking your fish fresh here. This takes a few minutes. Stop, breathe, and go try and catch yourself a lobster in the crane game. Or get yourself some UCC Coffee and enjoy the afternoon; your food will be out shortly.
3. Seating can be kind of tight, so don't be afraid to share tables and meet some new people. Or call it in and get it 'to go' to avoid the swarm.
4. This is also a fish market in case you want to DIY. I've gotten some bluefin from here and it was delicious.
5. The teriyaki ono burrito is life changing. The panko encrusted tacos are solid. The ahi poke with El Toro Bravo chips is a strong play. Did I mention the chips are from El Toro Bravo?
So there you have it. Bear Flag is worth the trip, worth the wait, and worth about 4 stars to me.
- Bear Flag Fish CompanyFirst to ReviewJul 04, 2012
Went to this place as a recommend from a friend after working out in CDM. This place is awesome, the poke is so good. Fish tacos are legit. Everything is fresh and you can get fish to go and grill it at home. I recommend getting the coconut and after drinking it have them cut it open so you can eat the meat!