Going to Greater Los Angeles, California, United States
Who's on this trip?
Trip Plan Details
- The Standard, Hollywood8300 Sunset Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90069
- Canele3219 Glendale Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90039recommended CaneleSuperb brunch! Get the french toast - 3 slabs of french bread, crisped up on the outside, inside is the custard-y beautiful lusciousness which is associated with the best of the bread puddings. I ... read moreshared this, with their "ruben" breakfast plate - corned beef hash, sunny side up eggs, with homemade sauerkraut on the side. Great combo. Get their house cured bacon. Seriously...Recommended for:Sandra Waring
Best brunch I've had in LA so far - everyone I've taken here agrees :)
- Pizzeria Mozza641 N Highland Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90036recommended Pizzeria MozzaThe bubbly crust, the exquisite toppings. I love pizza from Pizzeria Mozza. The fennel sausage and goat cheese pizza are the ones we usually order, and don't forget the butterscotch budino for ... read moredessert!Recommended for:Sandra Waring
I'd highly recommend going here for the pizza...if you're in a rush, get it "to go" around the corner at Mozza to go - the sausage pizza (if you're a meat eater) contains house made sausage, the bubbly delicious crust is great to chomp into.
- President Thai Restaurant498 South Rosemead Boulevard, Pasadena, CArecommended President Thai RestaurantPom arrai mak mak krup! Great food. The sign of a great Thai joint, they have two guys flagging you into parking places since their small lot overflows into the house next door! Awesome stuff. Nothing ... read morelike a place to enjoy that is slightly more expensive but you get a slightly better quality of food. Also they dont complain when you want to sit and chat with old friends even after you have finished eating. This is a place I could become a regular at, when I have folks nearby to go with me, there just arent many tables for 2, so I would feel bad taking up a quartet table by myself. I had some great Pad See Eww, Tom Yum, Gai Ka Tiem, a lot of the regular stuff. They even listened to me and made something spicy when it they dont cook it that way here in the states very often. I highly recommend this joint! It was super tasty and I plan to go back many more times!Schel
great thai food =)
- Tito's Tacos11222 Washington Pl, Culver City, CA 90230recommended Tito's Tacosohhh yeah... This is one of my most favorite taco joints ever... I dont even know if they do stuff other than taco's haha I have never eaten anything else here... sometimes the line sucks and is too ... read morelong... but dayem those tacos are always just what the doctor ordered :) YUM! I seriously cant say more than what others have... but i love that they are slightly greasy beef lettuce and cheese tacos. I can just sit and eat and eat and eat them *NOM*NOM*NOM*NOM*NOM*Schel
great tacos on the west side
- bulgogi house3600 Wilshire Blvdrecommended bulgogi housewell I haven't been since they changed their name from Goong to Bulgogi House. They killed the half price deal that had been on yelp at that point. Well I heard it was back from a friend who pays ... read moreclose attention to cheap KBBQ and a few friends wanted to go. PRO TIP: SO YEAH CHECK IN YOU JACKWAGON!!! 50% off Menu C 16 types of meat normally $16.99. So we meet up. The joint looks the same. The place smells the same. This joint is NOT the same swanky dive it used to be. It sounds different. The attitude and ambiance was different. Smiling is infectious, especially when done by cute young ladies in mini skirts! Also having a proper hostess makes a huge difference. Also everyone speaks English here now, hence most of the Korean speaking only staff is gone. It is now officially an English speaking joint! WOO WOO!!! My friends and I were very happily amazed at the differences. We had two servers helping us. Our primary was Tin and secondary was Sam. Tin aside from being a cute young lady was on the ball. For example, my friends and I and the munchkin and another munchkin all LOVE rice paper. Well we got like 20 sheets in the original batch. So we said we need lots, and we mean LOTS more. Well Tin hooked up about 100 more rice papers and kept refilling them while we were there. We likely went through 200 sheets at least of rice paper. By far the go to grub at every single KBBQ is the Boneless rib finger meat as well as the rib meat. Today we also tossed in a bunch of marinated chicken and the ribeye! OHHHHH so tasty... It grilled up great. The best part is we had grill changes after the first and second rounds of grub. That was a huge help. Heck we even had the grub on our table while they were doing the next grill swap. PRO TIP #2: Kids 4 and under still grub for free! The service was very prompt. Everything that we needed or requested was quickly brought out with a smile. My absolute most favorite part... right after we paid, we got a free scoop of vanilla ice cream with a drizzle of hot fudge and a ton of sprinkles for every person in our group! Such a great way to end a great meal. An unanticipated lil tasty treat... not too much not too little it was just right! I also really enjoyed that they had house music playing the whole time and it wasnt too loud, but loud enough that if you wanted to listen to it you could, but if you wanted to talk with your friends across the table, it wasnt an issue either. Cant wait to make my next trek over here...Schel
awesome Korean BBQ AYCE joint, but minimum of 2 ppl for any AYCE joint
- Din Tai Fung Dumpling House1108 S Baldwin Ave, Arcadia, CA 91007recommended Din Tai Fung Dumpling HouseSo I finally went and ate at the 2 story side today. All I can say is that I truly love the pork dumplings and the pork&shrimp dumplings... The garlic green beans are awesome. I dont know if you have ... read morebeen here but this is my favorite dumpling house around. The other side was as tasty as the first. I got the above usual dishes and this time also ordered the garlic spinach as well. I was a bit disappointed by the spinach as it wasnt very garlicky, and was in fact a bit watery. Parking was perfect as I easily got a spot right in front. Service was simply fantastic. They brought what we requested in a timely manner without any questions and at a rate that we could have it on the table while we ate and were hanging out. They brought us water at the start in a carafe and plastic lidded cups for the kids with fun super twisty straws! We also had a bit of tea that they refilled as needed. I really like this place a lot. But I havent had a lot of stuff from their menu. But what I normally get is always very tasty!Recommended for:Family TravelersSchel
hands down the best dumpling house in so cal
- Far Bar347 East 1st Street, Los Angeles, CArecommended Far BarSo one night after hitting up the LA Auto Show I ended up here for my first trip. Well I was very happy checking this joint out! Very kewl small bar down a hallway in the midst of a larger building... ... read morewe went to the bar itself and had a couple quick hits... great prices very fun environment. I need to get my ass back here so I can do a full review other than just that they had an awesome beer selection that I think rotates. They also have a full bar and lots o grub. Who wants to join me to go back and just chill here for an hour or three??? but its also very close to a number of great lil restaurants in Japan town and great for a pre dinner beverage or an a post dinner treat...Schel
very fun chill place to hang out =)
- Edison Bar108 W 2nd St, #101, Los Angeles, CA 90012recommended Edison BarI came to the Edison for their Thursday happy hour special which, at the time, involved paying something like 35 cents for a grilled cheese and a small bowl of tomato soup, and another 35 cents for a ... read morecocktail. WHAT? Yes. I know. Even though the specials are limited to one snack and one drink, I still felt like I had stepped back in time and my $20 now made me the richest woman alive (which I guess was the point). The atmosphere is beautiful, with open light bulbs hanging from the ceilings and other Edison-inspired lighting decorating the place. I came fairly dressed up, and while there were some people who were in jeans, a lot of other people came looking spiffy. There's a parking lot around the corner that you can use for a small fee; otherwise you'll need to find street parking. Seriously. 35 cents for a cocktail on Thursday. This needs to be on your list.
- The Den of Hollywood8226 Sunset Boulevardrecommended The Den of HollywoodMy friend introduced me to this bar the other night and I'm pretty sure I've discovered my new watering hole. As soon as you walk in, you're right in front of the main bar and it seems a bit small at ... read morefirst. But turn to your left and a whole separate room opens up with comfy tables and sofas, another bar, and plenty of space to play the board games that they offer. I also loved the ambiance: dark but warm, with lots of leather and edison lightbulbs. Plus the bathrooms are CLEAN! Prices are somewhere between cheap and typical Hollywood prices. Whether you're in a big group or just want to chill with a friend, this is definitely a place worth checking out.
- 26 Beach Cafe3100 Washington Boulevard, Marina del Reyrecommended 26 Beach CafeOh if only 26 Beach was closer to my house! Actually, scratch that, I would probably weigh 200 pounds if it was. This is an amazing brunch spot in Marina del Rey, and my girlfriends and I had such a ... read moregreat meal there that I can't wait to come back. We split three dishes among us: The sushi burger, which tasted exactly how it sounds (amazing) and came with a side of perfectly crisp fries; the pancetta egg scramble, which was essentially carbonara - very decadent and delicious; and the s'mores french toast. Oh.My.Goodness. Not only was the french toast one of the best I've had, but it's toppings - marshmallow, a side of chocolate sauce, nutella - complimented this dish perfectly. I can't wait to try the other 20 french toast variations on the menu. Portions were big, drinks were strong and well-made, and the service was super friendly and prompt. We had a wonderful experience...thanks 26 Beach!Erin K
Not sure where you're staying, but if you're on the west side, make sure to come here for breakfast/brunch.
- The Six Restaurant10668 West Pico Boulevard, Los Angeles, CArecommended The Six RestaurantI came here around 6:30 on a Wednesday night and The Six was already packed - a great sign. It has a very trendy interior without giving off a snooty vibe - Edison lights hang from above, one side has ... read morea sort of barnyard roof and the bar area seamlessly merges with the dining area. The menu is succinct, which makes it really easy to order; going along with their theme, there are six items in each category (starters, small plates, pizzas, entrees, sides, desserts). The starters are huge! I had a delicious shrimp dish as well as the vanilla beets with burrata (honestly the best burrata I've ever had), and they are enough to feed about 3-4 people. The small plates were huge as well - we tried a white bean cassoulet with a farm fresh egg on top. We also had (yes, we ate a lot) the steak frites and an Alaskan Salmon....I don't think I've ever had a better salmon dish. It had swiss chard and carmelized onion and potatoes in this amazing sauce (I think it was pear?) and I could not stop eating it despite my complete fullness. I'm definitely going back, even though it's a trek across town for me.Recommended for:FoodiesErin K
Fantastic food, and a short menu so you don't spend hours agonizing over what to order.
- Wurstküche Restaurant800 East 3rd Street, Los Angeles, CA 90013recommended Wurstküche RestaurantThe name literally translates to "Sausage Kitchen" and the food here is great. You can choose from your standard bratwursts or if you're feeling more adventurous you can try things like the ... read morerattlesnake sausage. They also have great beers on tap (as any self respecting German-inspired restaurant should!) Even the veggie sausages are great -- the vegetarians I ate with once even bought some to take home! They also cater private events!Recommended for:VegetarianTraci
There is one in Venice too, if you are staying closer to the beach towns.
- Father's Office1018 Montana Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90403recommended Father's OfficeSeriously great burgers here, cooked to perfection exactly the way you order them. I was prepared for this bar to be completely over-hyped, but nope. It really does make awesome food, and the list of ... read moremicrobrews from around California, North America, Europe and beyond is killer. What's not to love? A side of brussel sprouts that costs $8. Yup, it's overpriced. But the staff were really quick, and sitting at the bar while flying solo, I felt right at home. TIPS: * Order at the bar, then grab a booth or table (show up early on weekends, or you'll be hanging around forever). * Bring cash.Sara Benson
If you're out in West LA or the beach cities, this bar has a great atmopshere - always busy and fun - and awesome burgers.
- Kushi Shabu Restaurant123 Astronaut E S Onizuka St, #305, Los Angeles, CA 90012recommended Kushi Shabu RestaurantKushi has all you can eat shabu shabu for $27. You can even mix and match the beef and pork, since they are the same price. Get refills on the veggies and noodles too. They used to put mochi on the ... read moreveggie plate, but they were throwing a lot of them away, so make sure to ask for some. Save room for the red bean and fruit dessert too.Recommended for:
- Ocean Diner959 Aviation Boulevard, Hermosa Beach, CA, United Statesrecommended Ocean DinerOcean Diner is a great find close to Hermosa Beach. They have amazing breakfast foods, sandwiches, and desserts. The diner has a 50's motif, which makes things fun. The service is quick and friendly. ... read moreI absolutely loved their Suzy's Crunchy French Toast, which is french toast covered in granola, bananas, and whipped cream. The milkshakes are pretty good too.Recommended for:
- Mastro's Steakhouse - Beverly Hills246 N Canon Dr, Beverly Hills, CA 90210recommended Mastro's Steakhouse - Beverly HillsThis is a great steakhouse. The atmosphere can get a little stuffy when you want a great steak and sides without all the hassle. However, if you are looking for a classy place, this is great. The ... read moretables are kind of close together so you can hear your neighbors' conversation, but the food makes it worth it. Definitely try the lobster mashed potatoes if you don't mind spending $30 on it. The other potato sides are really tasty too! In terms of steak, I like either the bone-in filet mignon or the bone-in ribeye.Recommended for: