Beni Tora

Hanae
    • Local Culture
    • Outdoor Enthusiasts
    3 Nov 06, 2013

HUGE handmade gyoza! The ginormousness of the gyoza caught my attention and I was pretty excited about trying it. The meaty filling was very flavorful and I could tell that the quality is way better than the ones I've had at most of the other ramen places. Unfortunately,I don't crave it enough to want to come back for more. It's a bit pricey as a side order and it's not enough to be a meal. I'll probably get it if my friend or family wants some on the side.

My parents had their ramen when Beni Tora opened and my dad (ramen-lover) said their ramen was the best he has ever had. Then the ramen wasn't on the menu for few weeks (not sure why). When it came back he said it wasn't the same, the quality went dowwwwwn :(

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFamily TravelersFoodiesStudents
  • Beni Tora
    Lisa Kamei
    2 Jan 07, 2013

Benitora is a new restaurant that opened in Torrance Mitsuwa food court. My review is solely based on their 4-piece jumbo gyoza. I would like to review again after trying couple other items on their menu.

Benitora totally caught my eye when I saw the jumgo gyoza on their sample display. My boyfriend and I ordered it in a heartbeat but we were somewhat disappointed by their gyoza. Benitora's gyoza is definitely handmade considering the size and their flavor. It's definitely decent but I've had better. Benitora's gyoza definitely did not have a kick to it's flavor. I think they should add more chives to make it work. If you're spoiled with SGV dumplings or homemade Japanese dumplings, you wouldn't really enjoy this item. But if you still want to order it for the hell of the size, then go for it! I surely did have fun eating jumbo gyozas at the least.