Visiting Singapore next week, where should I go to eat?
- Betel Box 'Food Walk' Tour200 Joo Chiat Road, Singapore 427471recommended Betel Box 'Food Walk' TourWere I able to, I would give these food tours given by Tony, owner of Katong-district's Betel Box hostel, eleven stars. Lasting for nearly six hours and involving 25+ dishes from Chinese, Indian, and ... read moreMalay culinary traditions, this tour of the eateries along Joo Chiat road (way more authentic than Chinatown) is nothing short of fantastic. And while it's a superb introduction to Singapore's food scene, it also gives deeper insight into the culture as a whole -- from working to housing to religion -- and should be considered a 'must-do' while you're in the city.Matthew Crompton
Literally my favorite thing from a week spent in Singapore. Call early to book ahead, but definitely make time for this -- it's the best of what eating in Singapore is and can be. At last check, the evening (all-inclusive except alcohol) ran $60 SGD. Good luck -- Singapore is one of the world's great food cities!
- Little IndiaSerangoon Road, Singapore 207309 Singaporerecommended Little IndiaLittle India, and it's near-neighbor, 'Arab Street', are a huge part of the mosaic of this city, an integral segment of its Chinese, British-colonial, and South-Asian heritage. While the Arab quarter ... read moreis perhaps more interesting, with fabulous food and picturesque, palm-shaded colonial lanes, both are pretty great places to nosh. If you're feeling ambitious, have two lunches. And be sure to bring a camera!Matthew Crompton
This is a little unorthodox, but the best way to find great Indian grub in Little India is just to wander the streets and follow your nose -- if it smells fantastic, and there's a crowd, that's your place to eat!recommended Little IndiaCool area of Singapore filled with good Indian food and a ton of shops. It was about to rain while I was there so it's possible I missed its hustle and bustle (seemed a little quiet) but it is ... read moredefinitely a different vibe than you get a Marina Bay Sands and Orchard. Definitely go hungry!Michael Joy
If you like Indian Food I would definitely recommend taking the subway to Little India and grabbing some Indian food around that area!
- Cafe Le Caire39 Arab St., Singapore 199736 Singaporerecommended Cafe Le CaireAfter a second visit to Cafe Le Caire on a recent trip thru the Singpore, I've come to rate the place more highly. Popular with locals and tourists alike, the Middle-Eastern food at this Kampong Glam ... read moreinstitution is outstanding, from creamy hummus with ground lamb and warm Arabic bread to fresh fatoush salads to perfectly seasoned shwarma. With excellent Turkish coffee and mint tea, Le Caire combines superb and authentic cuisine with fine atmosphere for one of Singapore's most satisfying dining experiences.Matthew Crompton
For a great dining option in the city's Arab Quarter, try this place.
- 328 Katong Laksa53 East Coast Road, Singapore 428771 Singaporerecommended 328 Katong LaksaCurry laksa has been called the national dish of Singapore, and this institution off Joo Chiat Rd. does it as well as anyone. Dirt cheap, a large bowl of this coconut-and-prawn-paste base noodle soup, ... read morefull of prawns and mussels, will set you back only $6 SGD. Singapore is a serious food city, and if you're curious about its signature dish, this is the place to try it.Matthew Crompton
You want to eat laksa while you're in Singapore, and trust me when I say that you want to do it HERE.
- Maxwell Food Centre1 Kadayanallur St., Singapore 069184 Singaporerecommended Maxwell Food CentreDespite the sweltering heat, I loved eating here due to the wide variety of delicious food served. The fruit drinks are a welcome respite from the humidity and the famous chicken and rice stand, which ... read morewas featured in an episode of "No Reservations," is located here.recommended Maxwell Food CentreIgnore the heat and come into this massive semi-inside building housing kiosks serving delicious and cheap food. Try the chicken rice, maybe one of the greatest dishes ever made, and wash it down with ... read morea ice cold lime juice. When in doubt get in the longest line and eat what the locals are having. A must do in Singapore,james nelson
Also try an oyster omelet
- Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice - Maxwell Food Centre1 Kadayanallur Street, Singapore 069184recommended Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice - Maxwell Food CentreAnthony Bourdain appeared here in the Singapore episode of No Reservations. It's a simple dish and that's the only thing they make here, but one bite will make you realize why there's often a queue to ... read moreget this dish.
- Pagi Sore88 Telok Ayer St. Singapore 048470 Singaporerecommended Pagi SorePagi Sore strays away from the typical Nasi Lemak dishes that are served in most Indonesian restaurants. In fact, Nasi Lemak isn't even served on their menu! The dishes were tremendously delicious, ... read moreand I thoroughly enjoyed everything. I would suggest trying the Ikan Ota Kukus (steamed leather jacket fish marinated with ota seasoning).
- Orchard RoadOrchard Road, Singapore 238874 Singaporerecommended Orchard RoadDuring my 2 week stay in Singapore, this is where our group stayed. The Hotel was fairly plain by Singapore standards, but I loved every minute of being within this retail and entertainment hub. ... read moreThere's also convenient subway action and I had more legal fun that I probably deserved. The place is also packed with not only people, but shops stacked up, down, back and sideways. Just take your time as you take it all in.Eric Brink
Lots of Shopping and Food along this stretch.
- Clarke Quay3 River Valley Road, Singapore 179024 Singaporerecommended Clarke QuayDuring my last night in Singapore, we had finished a long audit in the Seraya area. We decided to come over the Clarke Quay and enjoy a scenic dinner by the water. The whole area is kind of fun and is ... read morecool mix of modern and traditional.Eric Brink
There's some places in this area.
commented on this list
If you like chilli crab, the best place I would recommend is
Lau Pa Sat, 18 Raffles Quay (near Raffles Place MRT), long row of outdoor stalls by the water.