Best Buy - Airport Way

9739 Northeast Cascades Parkway, Portland, OR

• Best Buy - Airport WayPro 2014

I try to avoid walking into big box stores such as Best Buy, as I have a relatively low tolerance for that combination of selection, size, and stimulation. However, I was in Portland on Labour Day evening with some time on my hands, I needed a laptop, and the "no sales tax" siren was calling my name.

This Best Buy is near the Airport and is a large and busy place (even by their standards). I had previously emailed the Store Manager for hours and advice and he responded in an nice and friendly manner. Free financing (for up to 18 months) was also available for any laptop purchase over $499. Unfortunately, through a combination of the holiday weekend a lot of the laptops were sold out and the store was waiting for the next shipment of Windows 7 machines to come in. Even though I gave the floor associate a hard time about that, rose to the occasion and offered my some decent choices and with a calm professional flair. I ended up with an open box Sony Vaio model at an additional 10% off. The floor supervisor and the Geek Squad guys up front were also very helpful in getting my new laptop ready.

Best Buy is normally a 3 star place for me, especially if I know what I want and can get in and out quickly. This experience gets an extra star for better than expected service all around.

1 member's review