Big Sur to Santa Barbara Restaurants

1,860 Results

Stearns Wharf

Enjoy a lovely 5 minute walk from our rental to Sterns Wharf where you can enjoy fresh seafood restaurants, shopping, and sightseeing.

Popular withFamiliesOutdoorBudget

Nepenthe

The Nepenthe restaurant is worth the drive from Monterey. I'd take the hour or so drive to get the Nepenthe Burger and sit on the patio watching the jays pick the acorns off the trees.

Popular withOutdoorFamiliesFoodies

La Super-Rica Taqueria

Julia Child discovered this "hole in the wall" inexpensive Mexican restaurant serving the freshest food in the most relaxed atmosphere. As short walk away.

Popular withFoodiesBudgetLocal

Brophy Brothers

Chowder to die for and it's definitely worth the wait. It's crowded with mostly locals as far as I can tell and the view is wonderful. Our fish entree was also excellent. The service was friendly and very attentive. The only downside is that it is really noisy and hard to carry on a conversation. Definitely worth a return trip.

Popular withFoodiesFamiliesOutdoor

Firestone Grill

I got a salad covered in meat - the steak cobb with tri-tip, lettuce, onion, pepper, blue cheese, and bacon. Even the small was plenty. Pretty good.

Popular withFoodiesStudentsBudget

The Splash Cafe

Delicious. Love the clam chowder in a bread bowl. A little known secret: they take orders. So skip the line and call ahead for pick up.

Popular withFoodiesBudgetFamilies

Arigato Sushi

Worth the money on occasion. Best sushi in SB area.

Popular withFoodiesLocalLuxury

The Palace Grill

No sweet potato fries at a Cajun place?!?! Sadness. We were craving it and thought MAYBE they may have some. No. FOOD: They give you five small muffins to begin with: Apricot Banana Rosemary Truffle? Okay, I forgot the other two. One had raisin in it too. They were good. Small to share between two people but this is just ...

Los Agaves Restaurant

Delicious Mexican restaurant for the area, but overpriced for Mexican food in general.

Popular withFoodiesFamiliesBudget

Santa Barbara Shellfish Company

It looks like other people have had great experiences here, but I can't say that mine was at all enjoyable. We got some dungeness crab from here and it tasted like the crab had been dead for weeks before they cooked it for us (and looking at their tanks, I actually wouldn't have been surprised if they did give us ...

Boathouse at Hendry's Beach

Most beautiful spot in town...great food as well. One of the few spots where you eat on the beach.

Popular withAdventureLocalFoodies

Hitching Post II

As seen in the movie Sideways, great steaks!!!

Popular withFoodiesFamilies

Cracked Crab

Food is good, atmosphere nice, but honestly way overpriced :)

Popular withFoodiesFamiliesBudget

Stonehouse at San Ysidro Ranch

The first time I ate here I thought the food was good and the service average. I couldn't understand why I had heard so many outstanding things about it. I have been back twice and each time I have been impressed with the food and service. Most of the vegetables are grown on the ranch and they taste as if ...

Popular withFamiliesFoodies

The Natural Cafe

The Natural Cafe is located on the busy State Street. Walk around downtown and enjoy a "healthy" meal in a casual environment.

Popular withVegetarian

Giovanni's Fish Market

Get great seafood without having to spend a lot. The market is set up so you can pick your crab and have it steamed along with other seafood dishes fried, steamed, baked however you want. The fries that come with the dishes are pretty good. Grab your food and a table by the water and enjoy. Just watch out for ...

Popular withFoodiesOutdoorAdventure

Freebirds World Burrito

A must stop if youre in town... The monster burritos are HUGE and I also recommend the quesadillas! Its open 24/7 and is a great stop for some late night munchies. Be prepared to be stuffed!

Jeannine's Bakery & Restaurant

Amazing brunch spot in Santa Barbra - delicious food and fun atmosphere. Be sure to get the eggs Benedict with lobster - it's fantastic!

Ca' Dario

Our old favorite. The closest thing to a NYC Italian restaurant. Try the bouglanese.

Popular withFoodiesLuxuryBusiness

Paula's Pancake House

I loved my breakfast here. There were a ton of options, and everything I tasted was fantastic from the pancakes to the eggs and bacon. This place is definitely busy on the weekends.

Popular withBudget