Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (YTZ)
Member Reviews (10)
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (YTZ)Member ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFamily Travelers+ 4Nov 07, 2013
Definitely the best way to fly into Toronto. The airport is located on an island just across from the downtown area, and a quick ferry ride will get you to the city faster than the drive from Pearson International. The airport is small but very comfortable.Recommended for:
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (YTZ)Member ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 2Jul 30, 2013
Very small airport. You can get to it only thru the ferry. It has Porter Airlines in there, who are very friendly and where you can have coffee with some treats and drink free of charge :)
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (YTZ)Member ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 2Jun 24, 2013
You wouldn't think an airport would get a five-star rating, but I've never been to an airport that gives you free drinks and snacks and has plenty of tables with outlets for charging up. You get to take the most adorable ferry ride over, as the airport is on a small island across from downtown Toronto. You can literally walk to the airport from the middle of Toronto (well, via the ferry, and, in about two years, a pedestrian tunnel).
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (YTZ)AmbassadorMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4Jun 05, 2013
An excellent alternative to Pearson International Airport to fly into Toronto. You land to awesome city views, passing by the iconic CN Tower, right into the city. I highly recommend Porter Airlines into YTZ. Not only is it a great price, but saves so much time getting into downtown and has excellent service. It also has a chic lounge like none I have seen before where they serve complimentary Starbucks coffee, lattes, juices and snacks!
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (YTZ)Member ofFoodiesWellnessVegetarian+ 2Oct 10, 2012
This is a NICE airport, feels like it's brand new. Arriving from the US, going through customs as a Canadian was easy and my luggage was on the carousel when I got there. Plus they're working on a tunnel so you don't have to take the ferry! The Porter lounge for departures was not what I would consider business class but it was nice.
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (YTZ)Jul 04, 2012
Although I took Air Canada to arrive at YTZ, I was welcomed by all the Porter airlines signage. The air service is great from YUL because of free food and drinks (including alcohol). Baggage service is quick but taking a 30 second ferry to get to the mainland is annoying. It's so close that I wonder why I don't even swim (and I don't swim). Then I remember I have luggage. The parking lot is small but hassle free. There is also a shuttle that goes to the Royal York hotel. If you have a chance to land here, I would take it over Pearson.