Where is the best patbingsu in and outside of ktown?
Trip Plan Details
- Mochilato14310 Culver Dr # E, Irvine, CA
- Sinbala651 W Duarte Rd Ste F, Arcadia, CA
- La Frite Cafe15013 Ventura Blvd, Sherman Oaks, CArecommended La Frite CafeI came here for a business lunch and ended up spending almost two and a half hours eating non-stop. This cute little French eatery has been around forever, and has a very loyal clientele. After trying ... read morethe food I can see why - the cheese plate was curated well, the French onion soup wasn't too salty (though there was way too much cheese on top), and my fried goat cheese salad was delicious and filling. Other tasty dishes: the polenta, french fries with truffle aioli, and tuna tartare. But the best part about the meal was the dessert (and coffee! They make great coffee): nutella cheesecake and a lemon brulee. I waddled out of there so happy...
- Olive & Thyme4013 Riverside Dr., Toluca Lake, CArecommended Olive & ThymeOlive & Thyme is like a little trip to New England. White accents, free dog treats for your pup, quaint little kitchen accoutrements for sale and a case full of delicious pastries like pumpkin pie and ... read morecoconut macarons. I've only been for breakfast, but the food was wonderful: thick, steel cut oatmeal with cranberries and blueberries, Intelligentsia coffee made WAY better than how Intelligentsia makes it, and an egg, bacon and cheese sandwich that didn't leave me rolling on the floor in pain. The seating area is full of communal and individual tables, and while you wait for your food you can drool over the chocolate chip waffles the kid sitting next to you ordered.
- The Six Restaurant10668 West Pico Boulevard, Los Angeles, CArecommended The Six RestaurantI came here around 6:30 on a Wednesday night and The Six was already packed - a great sign. It has a very trendy interior without giving off a snooty vibe - Edison lights hang from above, one side has ... read morea sort of barnyard roof and the bar area seamlessly merges with the dining area. The menu is succinct, which makes it really easy to order; going along with their theme, there are six items in each category (starters, small plates, pizzas, entrees, sides, desserts). The starters are huge! I had a delicious shrimp dish as well as the vanilla beets with burrata (honestly the best burrata I've ever had), and they are enough to feed about 3-4 people. The small plates were huge as well - we tried a white bean cassoulet with a farm fresh egg on top. We also had (yes, we ate a lot) the steak frites and an Alaskan Salmon....I don't think I've ever had a better salmon dish. It had swiss chard and carmelized onion and potatoes in this amazing sauce (I think it was pear?) and I could not stop eating it despite my complete fullness. I'm definitely going back, even though it's a trek across town for me.
- Soi 7 518 West 7th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90014, United Statesrecommended Soi 7A sign of how Downtown LA is developing nicely: this is an upscale Thai place that's actually good and tasty, and not pretentious at all. It's in a beautiful old high-ceiling building, and is just ... read moregenerally classy. From what I gather, the owner is an American guy who loooooves Thai food, and it comes across--what we ate was closer to Thailand Thai food than a lot I've had in the US.Zora O'Neill
Maybe less of a hike than East LA.... Fairly inexpensive, given the pretty setting.
- Moles La Tia4619 East Cesar E Chavez Avenue, Los Angeles, CA, United Statesrecommended Moles La Tia*Well* worth the trip to east L.A. This is really lovely, traditional Oaxacan Mexican food, handmade at every step and deliciously rich. Even if you think you don't like mole, you'll find one here ... read morethat you'll love. The only drawback is they don't serve liquor, which means no margaritas.Zora O'Neill
Definitely good on the happy-wallet front, and a cheerful spot with great food.
- Farmers Market6333 West 3rd Street #175g, Los Angeles, CA, United Statesrecommended Farmers MarketA nice open market with tons of food stalls, fresh produce, and crafts and trinkets. It's often busy, though, and the food tent can be smelly and dirty - which is a little worrisome. But it's a nice ... read moreplace to check out at least once.
commented on this trip
most restaurants with nice decor is not going to be cheap... try Perch in downtown LA. Dinner, and then you can get drinks with your date afterwards overlooking the city...
- James' Beach60 N Venice Blvd, Venice, CA 90291recommended James' BeachBest mid-to-upper scale beach bar in Venice. A really cool hangout with great food and especially fun during evening hours. Go in the early evening and grab a place at the bar. Drinks are strong, the ... read morefood is amazing and the bartenders are great people. You'll sometimes catch a celebrity or two in here, but they'll be hanging with the locals and trying to escape the "Hollywood" scene for a night out. Treat them like a person and they'll do the same back. If you've ever seen the movie "I Love You Man", this is where the guys went on their first "man date". It was characterized pretty well. Nice, but in no way pretentious (which frankly, is not always easy to find in L.A.!)Recommended for:Arlo Hemphill
James Beach is a kind of chic beach bistro with reasonable (but not cheap) prices. There a two sides, an elegant dining room and a much more casual and hip cocktail bar. This is a place where you can have an intimate dinner alone and then scuttle over to the bar section for some drinks with the artsy Venice Beach crowd. And keep an eye out for celebrities, as there is more than one beach-loving A-lister that is fond of this hang out...
- Baja Cantina311 Washington Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90292recommended Baja CantinaGreat chips & salsa, awesome margaritas and a vibe that makes you want to stay forever. Baja Cantina is a hidden oasis of warm feelings and great food!Arlo Hemphill
Not sure if you're looking for something more intimate or fun, but if you'd like to keep it casual, Baja Cantina in Marina del Rey has great Mexican food, a cozy yet vibrant vibe and powerful margaritas that will keep you both laid back and happy. It's only a block back from the beach and has a lovely outdoor seating area that is protected from nearby streets, so you have a sense of being in your own little idyllic Mexican world.
- Cliff's Edge3626 W Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90026recommended Cliff's EdgeThis is a great place for a date night with the better half. The ambiance is great, the food is delish, and you will enjoy the atmosphere. The lamb would be a great choice, but any of their seafood ... read moredishes would not lead you astray. Parking is Valet, and book early if you have a chance, as this place gets packed fast.Recommended for:Troy Howard
This would be a great place for a date night. Both of you would enjoy a great deal.
- Chaya Downtown525 South Flower, Los Angeles, CA
- Taix French Country Cuisine1911 West Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA, United States